• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Justin, I was one of the people who was amazed to see, in the "lifestyle" shot Gus posted, that you're actually fairly slim.

The quality of your garment choices and colour/texture matching is not in question, but those selfies you post just don't do the fit of your clothes any favours at all. I suspect you would easily double your thumbs if you got hold of a decent camera and asked someone else to take your shots, outdoors, during your lunch break.

A basic understanding of photographic technique is key, as is a decent camera/lens combo with the ability to set parameters manually. (That way, YOU set the camera up and all Muggins has to do is press the button.)

That's how I do it for the majority of my shots. I pick a spot, set the camera up, then give it to them and say "Hold it at such-and-such a height, make sure you get all of me in, and make sure you half-depress the shutter to allow it to focus before full-depressing."

No problem if it's tilted, off-centre, and poorly framed. As long as you stand both Muggins and yourself in the right spot and the shot is in focus, most other issues can be fixed in post-processing.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@VirgilVerne , the tie is wrong here - it bears no relation to anything else in the outfit. Seems like a semi-casual day tie, whereas the rest of the fit screams "evening".

Burn the shirt. It's just wrong, full stop.

Last edited:

VirgilVerne

Reaction score
@VirgilVerne , the tie is wrong here - it bears no relation to anything else in the outfit. Seems like a semi-casual day tie, whereas the rest of the fit screams "evening".

Burn the shirt. It's just wrong, full stop.
Yeah was hoping for the Indigo on the shirt to match with the blue prints on the tie - did NOT work

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm sorry Verne, but that shirt will never work with anything, ever. At least not in a CM context.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shirt is an abomination!
teacha.gif

VirgilVerne

Reaction score
I'm sorry Verne, but that shirt will never work with anything, ever. At least not in a CM context.
true dat, it is indeed not in anyway classical dress. tried to class it up with English spread white collar, tried and failed
That shirt is an abomination!
teacha.gif
Well that's a little harsh. Feel like the A word is exclusive for short-sleeved animal prints

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The jacket is unstructured and made in the lightest linen fabric imaginable. It fits more like a shirt than a SC. Perfect for hot and humid weather. But it's tricky to wear with a ps, even a light linen ps as here, since the fabric is so light that the shape of the jacket gets skewed.

SC: Loro Piana
Shirt: bespoke
Tie: Vanda
Ps: Kimber
Pants: Incotex
Chukkas: Paraboot
Disinterested cat: Gaston

Last edited:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

true dat, it is indeed not in anyway classical dress. tried to class it up with English spread white collar, tried and failed
Well that's a little harsh. Feel like the A word is exclusive for short-sleeved animal prints

Will you be attempting to incorporate the latter into a fit? Wild or domestic? Will make the former seem tame by comparison.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the top block, but the bottom is meh, in my opinion. The trousers seem a bit too casual. Scruffy, actually. Regarding pocket squares, I recently picked up a very small Simonnot-Godard white linen (or maybe its cotton, I don't recall) square. It's far too small for a puff-type fold, but it's perfect for showing a couple of points with a jacket like this. I used it yesterday with one of my boating stripe jackets. It doesn't distort the pocket at all.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The perfect illustration that life is not fair. :worship:

Thanks; and you don't even know about the most unfair part. Later that day, we wanted to find a place to watch the game (it was Germany - Slovenia) and just figured that some place near the Duomo would have it on. Well, we walked by what felt like at least 49 places (probably like 17 irl) and NONE HAD THE GODDAMN GAME ON. Had to walk 20mins to an English Football Pub in the end. Well, at least the beer was extra delicious then.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked past a window half filled with lobster shells and since I was wearing a lobster belt, took a picture.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, pink, blue, and white glen plaid PPBD shirt, and tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Vineyard Vines belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks.......

......don't know why the window was half filled with lobster shells. The small brass sign over my shoulder reads ""Please Respect My Shrine".

A close up of the Vineyard Vines (a brand seldom seen posted on Styleforum) belt.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The jacket is unstructured and made in the lightest linen fabric imaginable. It fits more like a shirt than a SC. Perfect for hot and humid weather. But it's tricky to wear with a ps, even a light linen ps as here, since the fabric is so light that the shape of the jacket gets skewed.

SC: Loro Piana
Shirt: bespoke
Tie: Vanda
Ps: Kimber
Pants: Incotex
Chukkas: Paraboot
Disinterested cat: Gaston
I have the same problem with a lightweight blue linen s/c. I think it's lighter than some of my shirts. End up using a small linen PS ironed into a TV fold. Love the color of your coat, by the way.
smile.gif

Last edited:

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Walked past a window half filled with lobster shells and since I was wearing a lobster belt, took a picture. Brooks Brothers blue blazer, pink, blue, and white glen plaid PPBD shirt, and tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Vineyard Vines belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks....... ......don't know why the window was half filled with lobster shells. The small brass sign over my shoulder reads ""Please Respect My Shrine". A close up of the Vineyard Vines (a brand seldom seen posted on Styleforum) belt.
@Roycru vineyard vines is standard issue everywhere around boston and the cape. Lobsters on shorts tend to be very popular. I did have my secretary recently take an iphone pic with this strawberry shortcake during an office bday, inspired by your posts. ...yes i know this is not SF approved with the lower rise pants and no tie, but the cake was great

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyZerino