• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Isaia jacket
Frank Stella linen shirt
Drakes cotton pocket square
J. Crew Bowery pant
Vintage Footjoy lizard skin tassels

Stylish summer ensemble! Minor quibble with the red buttonhole basting stitch, though. Might as well leave the Isaia coral lapel pin in. Contrivance?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Stylish summer ensemble! Minor quibble with the red buttonhole basting stitch, though. Might as well leave the Isaia coral lapel pin in. Contrivance?

Damnit, I forgot to take that out :lol:. The jacket is brand new and I was just excited to wear it.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Martin Greenfield gets no love on SF, but they do great work if you like a classic american style. 

no idea why. I absolutely love all my MG stuff. this jacket im particular is fantastic... softer shoulder than any neopolitan jacket i own. quarter lined, and the fabric is by far my favorite that ive owned.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Martin Greenfield gets no love on SF, but they do great work if you like a classic american style. For those that live in the NYC area, once or twice a year they do a deal on gilt where it is ~$1400 for a "MTM" suit in a solid range of fabrics (you can upgrade if you want something with a high #). I use MTM in quotes because they call it that, but there was a basted fitting, maybe not quite a full bespoke, but more than a typical MTM process.
I find Martin Greenfield a little perplexing. I have no experience with their suits. (I do have a BB Golden Fleece MTM that may or may not be from them). On another forum here I was discussing the best US suit makers and talked about Oxxford, the little-discussed Adrian Jules and, gasp! Hickey Freeman (I like them a lot). Anyway, got pounced on by some Greenfield fetishists. My tailor used to work with them but gave up as they apparently had some quality issues.

Anyway, is there a reason MG gets no SF love? Dirnelli punked-out US suits in general: http://dirnelli.tumblr.com/search/oxxford

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damnit, I forgot to take that out
lol8[1].gif
. The jacket is brand new and I was just excited to wear it.
It actually looks kind of cool in a contrived way.
biggrin.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I find Martin Greenfield a little perplexing. I have no experience with their suits. (I do have a BB Golden Fleece MTM that may or may not be from them). On another forum here I was discussing the best US suit makers and talked about Oxxford, the little-discussed Adrian Jules and, gasp! Hickey Freeman (I like them a lot). Anyway, got pounced on by some Greenfield fetishists. My tailor used to work with them but gave up as they apparently had some quality issues.

Anyway, is there a reason MG gets no SF love? Dirnelli punked-out US suits in general: http://dirnelli.tumblr.com/search/oxxford

I have a large number of MG suits and sportcoats. I absolutely love them, and anyone who says theyre "nothing to write home about" is completely off base and probably has no experience with them. (he says he doesnt) Fully canvassed, and some of my favorite fabrics. Very nice details as well... hand work, horn buttons, etc.

to compare, i have 2 mid grey suits. One Isaia and one Greenfield. they fit very similar, and the Isaia has slightly less shoulder padding. But the MG trous have a much better drape and fit.

On the opposite side, There are varying degrees of Greenfield lines. Some MG stuff is entry level... .my experience is only with the higher end line that is easily on par quality and cut wise to any other of the makers i own. (zegna, borrelli, isaia, oxxford, belvest, brioni, rlpl etc)

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This evening, actually. A bit overexposed, but eh...

Robo pose in the Sicily tailors thread.

Looks great! But I know how heavy that flannel is, so I'm surprised it was mild enough this week, even in the city, to wear it comfortably. But it looks so good!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

With Clags, there's a difference?

It's still quite warm in NYC, though alleged to be low humidity, but I've skipped wearing a tie in any case.

Jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt & trousers - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Tyrwhitt

I think this is my favorite look you've ever posted.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think this is my favorite look you've ever posted.

Thank you, Spoo. Your new Isaia jacket is very handsome - wear it in good health - and goes well with the vintage Foot-Joys.

It would seem that you like me in "relaxed mode", which is not my normal mode of presentation here in this thread - either that, or you just want my jacket from today :satisfied:. Either way, the compliment is much appreciated.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thank you, Spoo. Your new Isaia jacket is very handsome - wear it in good health - and goes well with the vintage Foot-Joys.

It would seem that you like me in "relaxed mode", which is not my normal mode of presentation here in this thread - either that, or you just want my jacket from today :satisfied:. Either way, the compliment is much appreciated.

Well, its no secret I love purple - and I adore the shoes. Maybe its just nice seeing you a bit more peacock than usual… either way, well done.

And yes, I want your jacket! :D

VirgilVerne

Reaction score

Suit: Oscarhunt Overcheck Tweed
Shoes: Loake design
Random attire otherwise

It's officially winter in Australia, calling for turtleneck and tweed.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lower contrast than yesterday's scream in the wilderness.

Yeah, more conservative business dress today! Possibly save yesterday's pants to aid resuce in blizzards?
mwink[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member