• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Other than they are ug-mo.
If you're going to have 1 herringbone sportscoat (other than navy) then grey is the only colour to have it.

Last edited:

blekit

Reaction score
Today.

e3956c8995380dc9cf19606c6d21dc2b.jpg

* jacket from Suitsupply
* Tyrhwitt shirt
* tie by Embassy of Elegance
* pocketsquare by Poszetka Handcrafted
* cardigan from Mango
* Herring shoes

90aa9629a01d05542686987ba626e7f7.jpg

ab03956e6bced53697e8ce5cc4e473a1.jpg

526b9517154447e3661bf027a4afd048.jpg

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Belated Thursday non-challenge.

Eidos
TYT
Ted Baker
EG Galways (not pictured)

Trousers are still a tad long, so I'll have to redo the hemming.

Would appreciate suggestions for another tie/PS combo with this jacket/trouser combo.

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blekit, sacafatos, dazedstate and Henry carter, all very nice fits. Sacafatos I really like the length and taper. But I tend to prefer a deeper break. Well done guys.

Last edited:

MosDefinite

Reaction score
Dope outfit, I love how you played with the hues of brown with the shirt and tie. Outfits like this inspire me. Once again so dope.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FC gave me the opportunity to shamelessly play it like Pliny today:
Sorry to say this so bluntly, but your shoes are almost always a level below what's on top. A good shine would be a good start.
I swear Crusty, do you have a special SF notification for when a potential sexual joke arises? You're always so quick to sneak one in :)
And I'm very happy for it.
If you're going to have 1 herringbone sportscoat (other than navy) then grey is the only colour to have it.
Hell no, brown is much more versatile than grey.

blekit

Reaction score
Hell no, brown is much more versatile than grey.
I think that both would work well. They are two neutrals which will match well with many colors of either pants or shirts. The biggest difference in my opinion is that grey is more 'city' and brown projects rather 'country' vibe.

The grey jacket and blue trousers almost never works for anyone either
Well, in my opinion this is an overstatement. Regardless of my look, I think that such combination (especially with trousers being rather navy than blue) is a good and classic match - just like its reversal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads