• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual Friday.

IMG_6760.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6759.jpeg

IMG_6758.jpeg

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6754.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to life I haven’t been in a dress up situation the past few weeks. So I decided to get back in it with a suit and a new to me tie thanks to a very generous member. Is it possible to press the lapel further down or is just a jacket style thing? I ask because none of my current suits fit me as well as my odd jackets.
IMG_3453.jpeg
IMG_3452.jpeg
IMG_3455.jpeg

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DougDevious

Reaction score
Steed, Cego, PoloAnd Siego
View attachment 2110679
at some point i want to get a plaid shirt like that. neat knit tie, too
Today's choice of outfit.....
View attachment 2114403
I'm gonna be honest man, you need to work on your smile. that's what most people would probably see as more an awkward grimace than a smile. I recognize that maybe this is something you might have trouble with on account of being on the autistic spectrum/neurodivergent (i am myself), just trying to help. Also, take a crack at learning how to dimple your tie. It's not much but it adds a lot.
I've just returned from seven nights in London, a solo trip to see art (most specifically, the Frans Hals exhibition at the National Gallery), and some friends. I had the opportunity to dress up several time, most notably the evening of the 18th of January, for dinner with friends at the National Liberal Club, a bastion of High Victorian decor. A selection of photos, including "lifestyle" are attached.

I love those suspenders. And what a windsor! A man after my own heart.
Suit looks great. Not too sure about the hat though...

db.jpg

Back at it with the green DB!
As nice as this suit is it leaves a little to be desired pallette-wise, it almost requires everything else to be a similarly muddy color to go with it, which leaves out a lot of the shirts and ties I've collected.
I'm considering getting a charcoal suit with blue pinstripes as blue shows up a lot in my shirts and ties, but im not enough of a blue fan to get something as overpowering as a solid blue or navy.
before that though I'm gonna walk backwards in formality and get a grey flecked sport coat (I love flecked wool/tweed)and some chinos/jeans/trousers.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm gonna be honest man, you need to work on your smile. that's what most people would probably see as more an awkward grimace than a smile. I recognize that maybe this is something you might have trouble with on account of being on the autistic spectrum/neurodivergent (i am myself), just trying to help. Also, take a crack at learning how to dimple your tie. It's not much but it adds a lot.

View attachment 2121037
As nice as this suit is it leaves a little to be desired pallette-wise, it almost requires everything else to be a similarly muddy color to go with it, which leaves out a lot of the shirts and ties I've collected.
I'm considering getting a charcoal suit with blue pinstripes as blue shows up a lot in my shirts and ties, but im not enough of a blue fan to get something as overpowering as a solid blue or navy.
before that though I'm gonna walk backwards in formality and get a grey flecked sport coat (I love flecked wool/tweed)and some chinos/jeans/trousers.
If this is an olive green color you can do just about everything you can do with navy. I regularly use solid or stripe shirts in pink, tan, blue, white. It is a very masculine and neutral color. One of my favorites.

The fit on you is good too with suspenders.

DougDevious

Reaction score
If this is an olive green color you can do just about everything you can do with navy. I regularly use solid or stripe shirts in pink, tan, blue, white. It is a very masculine and neutral color. One of my favorites.

The fit on you is good too with suspenders.
not necessarily. a wee touch of color is always an option
btw, where is your square

dominic-west-as-king-charles.jpg
it's a much paler green than it might look, thanks though

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2121037

Nice shirt, I love that big collar.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix