• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
Another what I should have worn aka WISH WornTM.

Different colours, but this reminds of Paul McCartney in "Magical Mystery Tour":

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A not so solid day for me. All patterns except for the shoes. Not sure if the pants count. The belt is black watch. I should have gone without the tie, but I was trying to get a striped tie in for the challenge. Too much in hindsight. Sans tie, this would be my apres ski fit.

Not your briefs then?
smile.gif

Continuing the louder ties, I was worried the colour in the tie might clash with the shoes, any opinions? I reckon it was OK in the end.

Wicked Evil

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same basic principle as yesterday, but with less bold trousers but much shinier buttons........

...and oh, it's an unvented blazer :eek:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Channeling my inner Mr. Chips. The Friday Challenge to wear a repp stripe tie - I took the bow tie variant of that.

Suit - BBGF
Shirt - BB
Tie - PRL
Cufflinks - Natural History Museum, South Kensington, London
PS - Ashear
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - C & J Maltons
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Olde England, Beauchamp Pl., London
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Anden top block is excellent. I'd prefer long wing bluchers as opposed to the loafers but that's only if you own one.

Once again, fantastic jacket and tie. Deets on both?
Very kind @kulata
I will probably use it with my RL Marlows but they had to rest after yesterday. I don't own any longwings yet.
The jacket is a Raffaele Caruso and the tie is Corneliani. Both all wool.

A

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most excellent SC, Anden.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anden, let me join the chorus praising that SC and the way you are wearing it--it ain't easy to take a "horse blanket" pattern and pull it into a tasteful, coherent fit, but you certainly have done so.

Enjoying your tumblr quite a bit these days, too. My only quibble is that the Old Fashioned rather than the Manhattan seems to be the cocktail of choice.
nest.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics