• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chulillo

Reaction score
For the contest. SC, tie and pents are vintage.

Overall nice combination of colors and textures but I think your pants would have looked much better if they were a little tapered towards the ankles, or a little longer if you want them to be that wide.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-mas mood is early... Too lazy busy for full fit pics today.

IMG_8391.jpg

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Overall nice combination of colors and textures but I think your pants would have looked much better if they were a little tapered towards the ankles, or a little longer if you want them to be that wide.
This is a very fair point. I actually just brought them up to 2 inch cuffs today (this morning; sewed them myself), and I think that shortens the inseam just a bit too much. I will let them back down. Here you can see the exact same pants, with a smaller cuff and thus longer inseam.
Hopefully I can find a middle ground, because I think pants this weighty need a larger cuff.

Chulillo

Reaction score
I think they looked much better before. Maybe you can take them to a seamstress (if not a tailor) and have her/him taken down in a more "professional" way so that you can be satisfied with the width of the cuff and still have them that touch longer.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FWIW, Bradock, I love the combo. Seeing how many of the clothes we wear actually have their origin in military style, I don't think the clash is as big as some of the other posters here. I'd rather go by how it looks and if it's visually pleasing to me, than strict rules.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those who hate navy pants, avert your eyes. These shetland tweeds from Epaulet make me very happy. The shirt collar's letting this fit down a bit, though.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, Betel! Who makes the jacket? Zegna?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melbourne has turned on the charm today. Beautiful sunny day, mid 20s temperature, dry air and a refreshing light breeze. Simply wonderful.

Bonus shot: view of St Michael's Uniting Church on Collins St, from my office window.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your trews r always the best
Melbourne has turned on the charm today. Beautiful sunny day, mid 20s temperature, dry air and a refreshing light breeze. Simply wonderful.
Bonus shot: view of St Michael's Uniting Church on Collins St, from my office window.

noice view.
FWIW My thoughts on your fit: Your color choices aren't working e.g. black tie and coral&grey square with blue/black/white country shirt. The shirt is outta place, and a black tie demands white or at least high contrast shirt n square unless you're going to a nite club. It doesn't 'fit' in a color mix like this. The FU DB with contrast buttons warrants more sedate pairings too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads