• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this look. I think the bow tie/pocket square combo is a bit risky, but I like it. The jacket has a great texture, but it looks a bit odd to me. The button stance is very low and the pocket flaps are very small. Not a huge deal though. Those pants are outstanding. Who makes them?

Thank you, sir.

Trousers are donegal tweed from Fox Brothers & Co. made up by Turnbull & Asser. Have these in a slate blue as well...both with a lot of color variation.

I like the texture in the trousers and this doesn't make you look like 'the bow tie guy' which is a good thing.

What camera are you using, by the way?

Thank you, sir.

Camera is a Sony Alpha A7 mirrorless with a 28x70mm lens. This is the only lens I have and am looking to get some others. One with a greater zoom and one for very close up detail shots. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, sir.

Camera is a Sony Alpha A7 mirrorless with a 28x70mm lens. This is the only lense I have and am looking to get some others. One with a greater zoom and one for very close up detail shots. Any recommendations?

I use the A7 together with the 55mm lens for all my menswear shots and it's a really good lens. I also have a 24-70mm lens which I use for most of my other shots.

I'd recommend getting a tripod and downloading the Sony Smart Remote app as soon as it becomes available again so you can control the camera with your phone. It means you won't have to stand in front of a mirror to take your photos. You can find out more information at https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which kind of collar you shirt is??
Yoda

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charcoal trousers and a white pocket square would have made that outfit.

I'm actually wearing a similar fit, but my trousers are charcoal. Only the white square is missing. Might just stuff in some toilet paper, foo-puff it and take a selfie.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The beginning of a new week, with cooler temperatures allowing me to start wearing hat, coat and scarf - all lightweight, so far, this autumn.

Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
PS - PRL
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Hat - Selentino
Coat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, Crusty.

May I ask about the collar pin (don't know what the correct name is). Should this only be used with a certain type of collar? Does the collar have small holes in it to pass the pin through? Or do you just stick it through the cotton? Doesn't that ruin the collar after you've done it a few times?

My father had some of these collar pin thingies which I have inherited, but they're not sharp. They have a threaded end and a little screw-on cap. I'm sure they couldn't be stuck through a normal collar.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice, Crusty.

May I ask about the collar pin (don't know what the correct name is). Should this only be used with a certain type of collar? Does the collar have small holes in it to pass the pin through? Or do you just stick it through the cotton? Doesn't that ruin the collar after you've done it a few times?

My father had some of these collar pin thingies which I have inherited, but they're not sharp. They have a threaded end and a little screw-on cap. I'm sure they couldn't be stuck through a normal collar.

The shirt is made with eyelet holes to accommodate either the safety pin model of collar pin, or the screwball ended one you describe your father as owning. (I prefer the safety pin model - much less fiddly, in my experience). I would never wear a real collar pin with a shirt not designed to take it - for that, I have collar bars which work like two paper clips - pressure, but no hole, on each side of the collar.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Haha sure. In the hi-res version you can actually see the rain.

Glad to hear lol. :)

---

Elio, Stephen, Crusty and Cleav, good stuff.

Last edited:

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to basic blue.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads