• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been here a while, finally got a login to post a pic after we got a decent one. Wife got a raise and finally said we could get matching outfits early last year. I nearly died. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but if there was anywhere someone might at least find it interesting it would be here. We always wear them together, but obviously you don't notice it unless we are standing close by.

I really appreciate all the pics and most of the comments. Thanks to everyone who keeps posting.
My wife and I are often both wearing black watch something or another in the fall/winter. Here for it!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,

I have my friends wedding this Saturday (its not his proper wedding party, but a smaller gathering to celebrate his signing the papers).

What do you think of this outfit? I dont like the way the trousers are draping around the shoe. I could swap them for more olive or beige chinos with a wider hem opening but I quite like the navy here. I could also swap the shirt for a white one, or for a blue or white ocbd.

View attachment 2159949 View attachment 2159951
Navy trousers are challenging to pull off as odd trousers. A brown, olive, or gray trouser would look better here IMO.

rob g

Reaction score
Dear friends,

I have my friends wedding this Saturday (its not his proper wedding party, but a smaller gathering to celebrate his signing the papers).

What do you think of this outfit? I dont like the way the trousers are draping around the shoe. I could swap them for more olive or beige chinos with a wider hem opening but I quite like the navy here. I could also swap the shirt for a white one, or for a blue or white ocbd.

The trousers definitely look a little too long, creating that stacking effect. Otherwise outfit looks great.

LJ1891

Reaction score
Dear friends,

I think you’re right about the openings needing to be wider if you’re going to wear those shoes.

Also, the smaller openings might be causing the baggy look throughout the leg. Usually, we try to have clean lines throughout the leg except at the bottom depending on how you want them to “break” near the opening.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
using my friend’s camera but having some photo size issue.

The original size of the new camera is huge, but after cropping it, the photo is only 8-10 mb but I kept getting “uploaded image is too large” issue. With my old camera the photos are all like 16-18 mb and I was able to upload them.

Does anyone know why? @admin

Below is today’s fit tho!

marlborough

Supporting Member
Reaction score
using my friend’s camera but having some photo size issue.

The original size of the new camera is huge, but after cropping it, the photo is only 8-10 mb but I kept getting “uploaded image is too large” issue. With my old camera the photos are all like 16-18 mb and I was able to upload them.

Does anyone know why? @admin

Below is today’s fit tho!

I was having that too after i upgraded to the latest iphone. There is a way to compress them before you upload them, just look for sertings when selecting the photos here and compress to medium or large (see attachment, bottom left)

Attachments

• IMG_3041.jpeg
    IMG_3041.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 69

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was having that too after i upgraded to the latest iphone. There is a way to compress them before you upload them, just look for sertings when selecting the photos here and compress to medium or large (see attachment, bottom left)
Omg, I can’t believe it took me so long to realize the existence of this function…. Thank you so much!

Father Style

Reaction score
Been here a while, finally got a login to post a pic after we got a decent one. Wife got a raise and finally said we could get matching outfits early last year. I nearly died. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but if there was anywhere someone might at least find it interesting it would be here. We always wear them together, but obviously you don't notice it unless we are standing close by.

I really appreciate all the pics and most of the comments. Thanks to everyone who keeps posting.

How come no one has mentioned your KILLER Panama gambler! That hat is awesome and you should wear it every day! I’m thinking of getting one once my current Panama wears out. Outfit looks great too.

FatherStyle.com

allinen

Reaction score
How come no one has mentioned your KILLER Panama gambler! That hat is awesome and you should wear it every day! I’m thinking of getting one once my current Panama wears out. Outfit looks great too.

FatherStyle.com
Thanks for the compliment on the hat.

TL:DR The gambler is divisive and you needs some extra confidence to fend off the impertinence

Full disclosure, I have found the hat to be very divisive. As I am sure we all know here, most men don't wear hats anymore, though I wear a hat every day. It's almost always a basic fedora with a normal brim of around 2.5 inches, felt or straw, with a newsboy cap thrown in intermittently. I wanted a wider brim hat but not in a fedora/pinched crown style.

I settled on what you see in the pic, and it has not been received well. I imagine, outside of the general compliments members of this board get, there are the countless questions as to why you "are so dressed up"? This hat ramps that up to an unpleasant level for me. Maybe I'm not old enough to be ignored as just an eccentric old man yet, but this hat brings out the discourse. This will sound odd, but I get less "clothes" conversation when I wear a hat, which is part of the reason I wear one every day. Something about my general countenance seems to elicit more polite comments when I don't have a hat on. I assure you that my vanity at times enjoyed the ogling, but sometimes I just want to be left in peace and not commented on. Of course dressing in a much more casual way would remove any remarks, but I digress.

The point is, I have needed to develop a thicker skin with this hat. I wear it a lot, and I see a lot of the same people regularly. Pleasant comments have all been make or snark has been delivered by all the usual suspects. When I wear it outside that circle though, it is still much talked about and often maligned.

Finally, my wife, who is very much not interested in fashion at all, absolutely hates the hat.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hieromance