• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the light colored line in the left cuff? Was it left after adjusting the length? The reason I ask is because I have a pair of trousers that did the same thing when I had them shortened. Tailor said it was an old chalk mark that wouldn't come out. I don't buy that and figured it was the crease from the old cuff after being pressed. It was only on one leg though, like yours.
@Kilo11

Yes, had it lengthened. And linen tends to leave marks but doesn’t bother me.

Alan Bee

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@An Acute Style

I don’t like to see my socks when I’m standing still. Whether casual or dress pants

Alan Bee
Hard to tell but the pants appear to have a 1 or 1.25 inch cuff. I think a larger cuff would look better. The length of the pants is fine IMO.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell but the pants appear to have a 1 or 1.25 inch cuff. I think a larger cuff would look better. The length of the pants is fine IMO.
@An Acute Style

Those are 1.5” like most of my cuffed trousers. 1.75” is as far as I’d go. Those 2” anchor weights you see all around on Instagram border on comical especially when paired with skinny pants and 13 & 14inch trouser openings

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the road again

P8230020.JPG
P8230039.JPG
P8230034.JPG
P8230017.JPG
P8230007.JPG

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arise, fair sun …

Suit: Epaulet x Southwick
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Tie: Brooks Brothers
Square: Howard Yount
Socks: The Armoury
Shoes: C&J
New Sunglasses: Kent Wang - Knox

View attachment 1228781

View attachment 1228784

View attachment 1228782
Very cool! How do you get your collar to pop over your lapel in that first shot?

I mean how do you get your whole self in focus and everything else all blurry!

Here's me. They cleared the bricks away some time this week.

Attachments

• 20190823_182558.jpg
    20190823_182558.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 93

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool! How do you get your collar to pop over your lapel in that first shot?

I mean how do you get your whole self in focus and everything else all blurry!

Here's me. They cleared the bricks away some time this week.
Looking good!!

Ha, the collar wasn’t intentional … I think it popped out when I was fussing with my tie and didn’t notice it. The depth of field is courtesy of the iPhone’s portrait mode. It doesn’t always work that great, but makes for more interesting photos :)

:cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads