• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IEG

Reaction score
FB409AD9-DDB4-4FA7-911B-7D40405E7947.jpeg
DAB4AE9C-C502-4CCB-85CF-DA80D2210267.jpeg
C73D5679-E891-421E-A40B-45E811ECB1ED.jpeg

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think TLB are a kind of upgrade of Yanko, isn’t it? Tell about the
quality of the leather. Yanko have some beautiful classic models, now with a special shine
but some are not easy to break.
The ensemble is great, as usual. Congrats.

Cheers
Vic
I didn’t think that there was any relation. From what I understand, they’re 2 entirely different brands. I could be wrong though.

blekit

Reaction score
I think TLB are a kind of upgrade of Yanko, isn’t it? Tell about the
quality of the leather. Yanko have some beautiful classic models, now with a special shine
but some are not easy to break.
The ensemble is great, as usual. Congrats.

Cheers
Vic
Thanks! TLB are visibly better than Yanko when it comes to quality of leather and craftsmanship. The biggest advantage of Yanko is 915 last which is absolutely stunning. TLB lasts are also very nice but more being more conservative they lack a bit of wow factor that 915 certainly has. Still, as much as I like almost every pair of Yanko I have, I no longer consider buying them. At their price range I would go with Patine (new brand of shoes from Poland), but most likely I will wait a bit, save some more and buy either TLB (maybe Artista line), Vass or Alfred Sargent (if they become available again).

@vriche they are two separate brands. From what I have heard, TLB owners were somehow involved within Yanko in the past, but they’ve decided to launch their own brand.

IEG

Reaction score
Love the shoes. I'd swap in a white OCBD for that shirt, the blue seems a bit washed against the seersucker, and something with longer shirts collars.
Yea, I agree, white shirt would be better. I was not actually wearing the coat today, I just purchased the Seersucker suit, was taking it to get altered, put the jacket on and decided to take the pic. The sleeves are turned up. I thought it looked ok but your suggestions are on point

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a casual day yesterday, the weather still makes suit-wearing comfortable. Today's suit is the latest addition to my collection, and something of an experiment - a totally unlined jacket, and no shoulder padding. I will see whether or not this suit is more comfortable to wear in warm weather situations - certainly, it weighs about half of what most of my suits do.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Damiano Presta, Rome
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Braces - New & Lingwood
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics