• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amar ezzahi

Reaction score
Bespoke suit from a retired tailor of Marseilles (Jean Bracco) and a Cappelli tie.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual Monday at the Qantas lounge. Bye Sydney...

Jacket: Rubinacci bespoke
Shirt: Barba RTW
Pocket Square: E.G Cappelli
Jeans: Indigo Farm x The Armoury
Shoes: Vass suede chukka
Belt:I Micio, bespoke
Socks: Paul Smith
Watch: Romain Gauthier
Bag: Tumi ballistic canvas
Carry on: Rimowa for Lufthansa

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife and I went up to Saratoga Springs racetrack on Saturday.  We had a great time.  We got to hangout in the VIP section and visit the stables.  I didn't win any money.  I went with pastels and seersucker because it was labor day weekend.  @sugarbutch
 I felt bit loafers were the most appropriate footwear for a day with horses.  I bought this pink oxford pocket square from @arnathor
 's shop on Etsy.  

I like the concept -- and surprisingly the navy trew with the seersucker. But I'm not sold on the formality of the silk with the seersucker. Shantung maybe. But not worsted silk.

imho, YMMV, etc.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the concept -- and surprisingly the navy trew with the seersucker. But I'm not sold on the formality of the silk with the seersucker. Shantung maybe. But not worsted silk.

imho, YMMV, etc.
The jacket is seersucker (casual), but it's also double breasted (formal). I thought about wearing a navy blue, polka dot knit tie, but I thought wearing a knit tie with a double breasted jacket would be a clash of formality. I can't call it. I'm all about navy pants and seersucker jackets.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noice GN- What's not to like about a well-cut gray suit and a white shirt? I could be happy right now with a work wardrobe consisting entirely of:

5.suits in different shades of gray
5 blue and white spread collar shirts
3 silk knit ties in black, navy and bitter chocolate
Oxfords in dk brown, light brown and black
infinite pairs socks in melange gray
a white linen square.

okay + all Rubinacci's PSs

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noice GN- What's not to like about a well-cut gray suit and a white shirt? I could be happy right now with a work wardrobe consisting entirely of:

5.suits in different shades of gray
5 blue and white spread collar shirts
3 silk knit ties in black, navy and bitter chocolate
Oxfords in dk brown, light brown and black
infinite pairs socks in melange gray
a white linen square.

okay + all Rubinacci's PSs

Thank you, sir!

What you've listed is the epitome of a capsule work wardrobe. You could get away with pulling out a random suit, shirt, tie and pair of shoes each day and still look extremely well put together.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads