• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fair enough. The only issue I see is the red vest American hunters are required to wear will not go with the full shooting tweed outfit. i suggest you ignore this because you will all stand out enough with the flat cap, plus twos and three piece among a sea of black suits and duck bill shoes.
Maybe you could modify the traditional whistle used to attract ducks to mimic foreign accents? Oh, and you'll need a pointer or labrador to retrieve the prey.
Good hunting, couldn't think of a more worthy cause in one of my favourite cities (even though I am a tourist when I visit, I will dress accordingly so as not to be mistaken for a target).

"Foreign accents" should include those accents from regions of the US due south and west of the Mid-Atlantic States (for myself, I'm just as happy to shoot someone from a red state as from a foreign country).

As for you being mistaken for a "tourist", to the best of my knowledge, you've never presented yourself in oversized, overly long cargo shorts, with a T-shirt and sneakers, and you're certainly not fat enough to be seen as a typical tourist, so I think it will be safe for you to walk the streets of NYC when next you're here - no chance of pot shots being fired at you.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Worth a re-quote!

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Foreign accents" should include those accents from regions of the US due south and west of the Mid-Atlantic States (for myself, I'm just as happy to shoot someone from a red state as from a foreign country).

As for you being mistaken for a "tourist", to the best of my knowledge, you've never presented yourself in oversized, overly long cargo shorts, with a T-shirt and sneakers, and you're certainly not fat enough to be seen as a typical tourist, so I think it will be safe for you to walk the streets of NYC when next you're here - no chance of pot shots being fired at you.

LOL...I agree re the states. Although I was married in Napa my closest friends are in NY and New England is one of the most magnificent parts of the world. Took a lengthy winding drive once, hiring a car in Manhattan and ending up in Toronto where my brother-in-law works....a magnificent experience.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from no blue challenge…

From last night celebrating my 40th in Vegas!
Fotos courtesy of my lovely wife!

SF Family:
Jacket: Howard Yount Pale Yellow
Trousers: Epaulet Mid-Grey Merino
Shirt: Proper Cloth - White Royal Oxford
Tie: Sam Hober - B/W Shepherds Check
PS: Kent Wang - White Linen
Links: Kent Wang - Oval MOP
Socks: Howard Yount Grey Linen
Shoes: Alden 907

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pliny - I despise all bankers and politicians but I am an equal opportunity hater, I don't take sides.

Layered Player

Reaction score
Casual Friday but too simple for the challenge IMO, edit: now that I reflect this is probably TOO casual for this thread, apologies gents.

Banana Republic linen shirt
Banana Republic cashmere sweater, cooler than normal in ME where summah is kind mild anyway, color is much richer irl
LL Bean chinos
Cole Haan suede bucks
"sockless" with loafer socks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads