• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Energy level empty, pockets full

photostudio_1526785547959.jpg
IMG_20180519_195857.jpg
IMG_20180519_181945.jpg

FrogTO

Reaction score
The shoes are too casual for the rest of the outfit, in my opinion. That said, I am a newbie here, so please chastise me if my critique is incorrect.

I would say the issue is not so much the formality level but the total absence of contrast with the pants.

Sportcoat is fuego tho... Spier Mackay?

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
430a-charvet16.jpg
430b.jpg
430c.jpg
430d.jpg

Suit: Canali
Shirt: Finamore
Tie: Charvet
PS: Vanda
Shoes: Lobb
Shades: Garrett Leight

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had the courage for Madras. Looks great AAS.

Not sold on the cream trousers but WIWT
View attachment 977092 View attachment 977093
I like that jacket DS, especially if the bluer colour of the first pic is more accurate.
I’m a bit cautious about checked jackets, especially if they lean towards seventies broadcheck horrors, but the check on this is subdued enough to work nicely. What brand? I’ve seen some cool lightweight wool Ted Bakers in Nordstrom’s that look similar but they never seem to go on sale.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that jacket DS, especially if the bluer colour of the first pic is more accurate.
I’m a bit cautious about checked jackets, especially if they lean towards seventies broadcheck horrors, but the check on this is subdued enough to work nicely. What brand? I’ve seen some cool lightweight wool Ted Bakers in Nordstrom’s that look similar but they never seem to go on sale.

Thank you, first pic is indeed accurate. It's a lightweight Kiton. I like the subtle pattern as well but rely on the unusual color more than anything

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
COLONIAL TAN

Suit: H. Lesser 8/9oz Tropical Wool
Shirt: Solbiati Linen
Necktie: Kiton 7-fold light wool
Socks: Burgundy cotton by Bresciani
Shoes: Snuff Suede Brogues by Edward Green.

Alan Bee
View attachment 977021 View attachment 977022 View attachment 977023 View attachment 977024
What’s the story with the monogram? OOO (assuming my eyes still work)?
Also, I don’t love the brown suede with the black accessories (again, assuming my eyes work), but everything else is perfect, in my opinion.

Button hole

Reaction score
Finally got to wear my new tie! I haven’t found a good spot to do a proper fit picture. So I had to go with top and bottom separates.

Tie is unamed thrift find, jacket is unstructured Brooks with 2 patch pockets, shirt is Brooks, Orvis gray pants, Cole haan sand suede pennies.

Should’ve used a square too, couldn’t find the one I wanted before I had to leave.

24EC6114-745A-4598-8127-F34FF7DC9750.jpeg

B05C70BD-1973-4650-BDE5-CCAFA2DCFB96.jpeg

Epicure

Reaction score

Epicure

Reaction score
What’s the story with the monogram? OOO (assuming my eyes still work)?
Also, I don’t love the brown suede with the black accessories (again, assuming my eyes work), but everything else is perfect, in my opinion.
That had me doing a double take too. I'm definitely interested in @Alan Bee's response to this. That is, regarding the apparent brown and black pairing. Though the monogram is curious too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads