• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PS and tie look brown to me but I could be wrong

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the story with the monogram? OOO (assuming my eyes still work)?
Also, I don’t love the brown suede with the black accessories (again, assuming my eyes work), but everything else is perfect, in my opinion.

@ericgereghty

You may well have a point E. I didn't give it much thought, just pulled out suede shoes I haven't worn in ages to give it a run. Black oxfords would have been equally at home with the tie and PS set up.

"OOO" are my proper initials.

Alan Bee

blekit

Reaction score
Today.
tumblr_p92h7iUwTy1wo50r1o1_1280.jpg

20180521_073226.jpg

20180521_073737.jpg

* suit by Krupa & Rzeszutko
* Tyrwhitt
* tie and ps from Poszetka
* Yanko shoes

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SUMMER EVENING WEAR

Jacket: W. Bill Lamlana Houndstooth 10oz
Trousers: Zegna Cream Lightweight Gabardine 8oz
Shirt: Thomas Mason Fine Linen in white
Tie: Michael Bastien
Socks: Bresciani
Shoes: Velvet Slippers by The Cobbler

Alan Bee
C8013A4B-F31F-465A-B26F-00D3B65ADE74.jpeg
DE7A3646-7E08-4381-91EA-83C1205328AC.jpeg
FD32B9E8-373B-47F4-A51A-BBBB1566C5C6.jpeg
0374ACAA-9BC9-47D2-A888-8F33D866E191.jpeg
DC1596CE-9D66-4170-B713-9CEEFE52CD31.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The beginning of a busy week, leading up to the Memorial Day weekend in the US. After a damp weekend, the sun has returned to NYC.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - no name brand
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

IMG_8022.JPG

IMG_8018.JPG
IMG_8019.JPG
IMG_8020.JPG
IMG_8021.JPG

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SUMMER EVENING WEAR

Jacket: W. Bill Lamlana Houndstooth 10oz
Trousers: Zegna Cream Lightweight Gabardine 8oz
Shirt: Thomas Mason Fine Linen in white
Tie: Michael Bastien
Socks: Bresciani
Shoes: Velvet Slippers by The Cobbler

Alan Bee
View attachment 977471 View attachment 977472 View attachment 977473 View attachment 977474 View attachment 977475

Big fan of your fits in general. Not only do the pieces themselves look nice and appear to be very well crafted, but they also fit you very well.

But this was one of the rare occasions when I’m not convinced. Peak lapels on a single breasted jacket is always tricky and when you have a relatively low button point (looks like a single button?) you get huge lapels, lots of empty space at the front (highlighted even more since you wear a bow tie) and as a consequence the jacket looks a bit short below the button point. Just my two cents of course, and I always look forward to your posts, just didn’t feel this one.

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big fan of your fits in general. Not only do the pieces themselves look nice and appear to be very well crafted, but they also fit you very well.

But this was one of the rare occasions when I’m not convinced. Peak lapels on a single breasted jacket is always tricky and when you have a relatively low button point (looks like a single button?) you get huge lapels, lots of empty space at the front (highlighted even more since you wear a bow tie) and as a consequence the jacket looks a bit short below the button point. Just my two cents of course, and I always look forward to your posts, just didn’t feel this one.

@DiplomaticTies

Thanks for your astute observation and comments DT. In fact I debated his point with my tailor and he being an old school classicist, insisted on the buttoning point.

You see, there are pre-set proportions on a typical balanced coat. The bottom button must line up with the pocket and the top button about 4 inches above it.

For a one button coat, the button has to land precisely in the middle of the conventional two button placement and he was quite adamant about it.

What you see is the true waistline and button position of a single button coat. But I suppose we’ve all gotten accustomed to higher buttoning points so anything lower seems a bit off.

Having worn it severally, I am now quite comfortable with the button point. The lapels are standard Neapolitan width so nothing to do there.

Some would even suggest that a deeper V produced by a lower button point is more masculine and accentuates the torso. Not that I need that since I already have a strong torso.

Point well taken nonetheless.

Alan Bee

beneven

Reaction score
Feedback? Tie was a bit of a risk for me, cuff sprezz = unintentional (sleeves are right on the SC, promise)

clothes-2176.jpg

edit: the pic is actually in focus--if you click on it you can see a sharp version w/ textures etc...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads