• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTM cord suit fitted per distance by Olof1982. Olof's approach is pretty interesting; he essentially cloned one of my existing suits. Generally satisfied with the results, but the jacket needs some work and I expected higher rise trousers. I really wish the the gorge was lower. Not too many days left where I can wear it, so I'm taking advantage while I still can.

View attachment 955534 View attachment 955535 View attachment 955536
For a distance MTM that turned out pretty great. Really like the cloth you chose.

Gorge is high but you pull it off, we just all love a lower gorge on SF.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you kindly. It is quite impressive for distance MTM. Actually, it's significantly better out of the box than my fitted-in-person MTM suits. But the jacket definitely needs work. It's a really nice fabric; much nicer than my other cords.

To my eye lower gorges just look more proportionally correct. The lapels of my jacket look like they are about to sprout wings and fly away. cf: @mcobinad's last post. That's some harmonious **** right there.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you kindly. It is quite impressive for distance MTM. Actually, it's significantly better out of the box than my fitted-in-person MTM suits. But the jacket definitely needs work. It's a really nice fabric; much nicer than my other cords.

To my eye lower gorges just look more proportionally correct. The lapels of my jacket look like they are about to sprout wings and fly away. cf: @mcobinad's last post. That's some harmonious **** right there.

You may be right that it needs work, but I like it a lot. My next cord suit will be a dark brown like that.

On the topic of the gorge, I am far less sensitive to gorge height than I am lapel width. I think your suit looks great, but I feel the narrow lapels of my suit today make it look a bit goofy. Pics to follow.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D7C24045-F8B8-41FA-9BB8-AEB74CB3D62A.jpeg
F8D7873D-DAF7-435B-8077-B435ED91B88E.jpeg
8A45FE24-4BB4-4483-9A1D-2F467E6EA7F2.jpeg
078BA86D-3A0B-4FCB-973E-818F4684E657.jpeg

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you do the measuring yourself? I've tried going through the guide that Olof sent but my measurements seem to vary by up to a centimeter each time I recheck them.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you sent in a suit to him and the jacket had a lower gorge and the trousers had a higher waist but the new suit turned out different? Or did you ask him to make changes to the existing suit?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may be right that it needs work, but I like it a lot. My next cord suit will be a dark brown like that.

On the topic of the gorge, I am far less sensitive to gorge height than I am lapel width. I think your suit looks great, but I feel the narrow lapels of my suit today make it look a bit goofy. Pics to follow.

I can definitely recommend it. It's a great colour for the colder months.

There's a fair bit I'd like corrected. The sleeves need to be let out, which should hopefully address the shoulder divots. The left sleeve pitch also needs to be adjusted.

I think the gorge issue is more noticeable for someone with my body type - tall and lanky with a relatively long torso. I think your lapels look fine, by the way.

Did you do the measuring yourself? I've tried going through the guide that Olof sent but my measurements seem to vary by up to a centimeter each time I recheck them.

I did. It took about an hour. The only thing I screwed up was the sleeves, which, it turns out, are quite hard to measure accurately. Olof thankfully noticed they were too short and we came up with an alternate number.

So you sent in a suit to him and the jacket had a lower gorge and the trousers had a higher waist but the new suit turned out different? Or did you ask him to make changes to the existing suit?

You just measure an existing suit that fits you well and send him the measurements. The measurement guide is quite extensive. I'm not sure what happened with the trouser rise. I basically asked for the same rise as Berg and Berg's new Arnold trouser, and mine is definitely lower. There was no option to change the gorge, that's essentially the house cut.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads