• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Clags--sorry, it was me who missed your question the first time around. I assign it in my Modern US course both as a source that makes the fractures of the war and of the 1960s apparent, and as a way to ask students to confront the possibilities and limits of memoir as a source. I've taught it in my US military history course, too, from time to time.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good fit. GREAT freakin hair :cheers:

Thanks! From the front and below is by far the best angle to consider what remains of my hair.

This is great, H. Buttons are brass? What's the fabric?

Yes sir. The jacket is a Ring Jacket in Reda hopsack on which I replaced the buttons (which were navy and didn't look good) with some old Brooks Brothers brass buttons from one of my father's old jackets.

Epicure

Reaction score
20170712_091610.jpg
Hello SF gentlemen,

After a long hiatus, having been busy with life offline for a while, I thought I'd share a 'part-of-a-person' picture today.

I'm wearing the thrifted vest and jacket with mid-grey flannel trousers and a wool challis tie from a non-SF approved brand. Suede semi-brogues (my first pair of Goodyear welted shoes bought some three ago and also non-SF approved) complete the fit. In short, it's all non-SF approved. The pocket square from Exquisite Trimmings may be the exception(?)

Anyway, I thought I'd just take a stab, presenting my efforts for a sharper look than in my first fit post. In that post, my trousers had no crease and I was sans tie and pocket square.:)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some swag from the latest sale at Paul Stuart - new suit, new tie . . .

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - BB
Tie - Paul Stuart
Braces - New & Lingwood
Cufflinks - Thomas Pink
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris

IMG_5786 (824x1280).jpg

IMG_5781 (1192x1280).jpg
IMG_5782 (870x1280).jpg
IMG_5783 (821x1280).jpg
IMG_5785 (540x1280).jpg

AlexRamius

Reaction score
Love the tab collar!

Thx! They are so hard to come by! In RTW and MTM they are always so small. For once, even Luxire did not a great job at it, thus I had to go bespoke. If I had a normal length arm, I would have try the ones from Edward Sexton but I don't...

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads