• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More camel and single patterns. The cardigan returns as the temps have dropped. Olive moleskin pants below.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today I was interviewed for a Master thesis, on the history of the shape and construction of the suit, and it's changes in recent decades. This is something I've delved into quite extensively on my own. Hence I felt rather comfortable answering questions about (my perception of) change in gorge height, lapel width, shoulder expressions, etc, between th 90s and present day.

Is this interview something that you'll be able to share at some point?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is this interview something that you'll be able to share at some point?

I don't think it will be published as is, they're gonna use it together with some other interviews to make deductions about the changes the suit has gone through since the birth of the lounge suit. It was quite an ambitious project and they (especially the guy) seemed genuinely passionate about classic menswear. I think the thesis will probably be publicly available, as most such texts are in Sweden.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@EFV, now that is the type of academia I can get on board with.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The bow is really nice, but I think a bigger one would have been better

I will respectfully disagree with you here. The bow tie is about as wide as my eyes which I feel looks best on me. I feel bigger bow ties can look a bit clownish. I find many members here wear bow ties that I personally find disproportionately large. One man's opinion

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I was interviewed for a Master thesis, on the history of the shape and construction of the suit, and it's changes in recent decades. This is something I've delved into quite extensively on my own. Hence I felt rather comfortable answering questions about (my perception of) change in gorge height, lapel width, shoulder expressions, etc, between th 90s and present day.

I'd be interested if you know of a source where such things are published in Sweden. Might come in handy for a project I'm considering.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brooks Brothers' Cambridge fit is interesting. Close-fitting like the Milano but has a hooked center vent and 3x2 roll. Their "Saxxon" fabric is a bit of an advertising gimmick but still quite nice. Never seen it in anything but this medium-gray charcoal.

Suit; Brooks Brothers 1818
Tie: Bigi
Shirt: Finamore

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Above, I was just liking AAS' outfit - I like the bow as is. Very nice, like the shades of camel with burgundy.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chief41510