• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't taper. The width is is good for your body shape.

---

SFF:
KW
HY

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Quite a decent fit, ruined by the photography. Burn that wide-angle lens with fire (or save it for landscape shots), and get a fast 50mm prime lens. Your world will change for the better.

I'm not burning my iPhone, dude.
rotflmao.gif
But point taken. Fair warning, it won't likely get better, as I intend to keep using it, but I do recognize that yes, better photography equipment (and the knowledge of its use) would certainly improve my posts.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not burning my iPhone, dude.
rotflmao.gif
But point taken. Fair warning, it won't likely get better, as I intend to keep using it, but I do recognize that yes, better photography equipment (and the knowledge of its use) would certainly improve my posts.

Proper fitting clothes would help you much more than expensive camera equipment.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clags I like that outfit a lot. Okay blue version of yesterdays. Didn't seem very popular, any specific reason? Just the cut of the suit? I'm going to have trouser leg widened by .8 inch and I think lengthened by half inch *edit 1 inch. Thoughts?

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thursday afternoon:
SuSu odd jacket (Havana)
Spirit of Shetland sweater
JPress OCBD
grey flannel trousers
AE suede shoes
Cup: LL Bean

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not burning my iPhone, dude. :rotflmao:  But point taken. Fair warning, it won't likely get better, as I intend to keep using it, but I do recognize that yes, better photography equipment (and the knowledge of its use) would certainly improve my posts.

iPhone camera has zoom. Use it.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iPhone camera has zoom. Use it.

I would agree, but it is a digital zoom, and any digital zoom destroys the quality. I would say set it up on a step or branch or whatever and do a couple of test shots to figure out how far away to stand without cropping or disappearing. Then make sure you are not back lit and you should be fine.

DL-

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eidos
Sebastian Ward
Sam Hober
Luxire

I was loving this (well, the square's not ideal, and I wouldn't know what to do with a non-plaid grey SC, but apart from that ..) until I scrolled down.

Box check trousers make u look like a character in 'Gangs of New York'- only thing missing is a Shelagligh.
Top proportions are great.
satisfied.gif

edit: I see CMs made a similar comment, but it's worth repeating imo

Last edited:

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Heathered green flannel? Ok, that is countrifying a suburban get-up. Still, the gray undertones to everything and the close fit somehow keep the ensemble suburban: not rus in urbe, but sub-urbe in rus.

You're a nut :)

Cheers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads