• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Forper No, but if you look through the thread, you will see that that 99.9% of what is posted here involves a jacket adn probably 98% of that includes a tie of some sort.

Though the tendency (of some) to distinguish style from fashion has always seemed a little bit silly (@Tirailleur1 for an amen).

Given that you are a skinny guy, you should probably look into getting clothes which aren't so loose; both your shirt and your pants look voluminous on you.

---

@dwpenny

If you insist on wearing a tie with jeans, a knit is the way to go. But in general, that isn't going to get much love around here.
AMIN (Amen in Yoruba)

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feedback is welcome, though I know the trousers have slipped down and look awful.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Third day in a row posting here - hopefully not overstaying my welcome. In case it isn't painfully obvious... I kinda like Eidos
shog%5B1%5D.gif
LL
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
I do wish the quarters on the jacket were slightly more closed (like the revamped NMWA cut), but it's not a dealbreaker for me. The trousers are a lightweight cotton/wool and I kind of hate them (too slim, too low of a rise). I've recently ordered a pair of olive green trousers through Luxire to replace these ones. Jacket: Eidos Shirt: Boglioli Tie: Conrad Wu Square: Vanda Trousers: Club Monaco Shoes: Skolyx
The scales of the shirt and the jacket are too close together. I would change that shirt to an light blue oxford cloth one.
Seconded. It's tough to get the scale of a stripe shirt right for a check jacket like that. Narrower stripes and softer colors would work better. Those stripes are too close in scale to the lines in the jacket; the saturated colors of the stripes make it harder for them to sit comfortably with the jacket.

Nieuw

Reaction score
This vzone combination is what I wore couple of days ago. Sorry for the iphone quality photo.

Thanks

Last edited:

Forper

Reaction score
@Forper jeezus… helluva reply to a suggestion of a v-neck. Not sure where temperature, ties/jackets, personal taste and all that other **** comes from.

When and where we are now … white crew neck tees peeking out from unbuttoned dress shirts is very, very uncool. That's it.

and Clags is right… there is a middle ground.

Have worn crewneck tees my whole life, not going to start wearing v-necks coz some random dude on the internet likes v necks. I like crew necks. I don't care what's cool now. That's fashion, not style. I'm telling you what informed my own style now when I was growing up. We never wore v necks. I never will.

Forper

Reaction score
Quote:

Good.

Quote:
So being inspired by someone on the internet is okay but being inspired by US male workers is not? riiiiight.

Forper

Reaction score
Quote:
So $2000 belt, $400 pants and $700 shoes is entry level now?

I'd rather spend my money on quality basics that will last a lifetime instead of some of the try hard eccentric stuff I see on here.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello
With my last fit I feel like we're doing variations on a theme here. :lol: The closeup helps a lot, I don't think the square is out of place.
Feedback is welcome, though I know the trousers have slipped down and look awful.
Quite the classic combination, I'd maybe change the tie to something lighter, like this it's very dark.

blekit

Reaction score
@Forper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty So $2000 belt, $400 pants and $700 shoes is entry level now?

I'd rather spend my money on quality basics that will last a lifetime instead of some of the try hard eccentric stuff I see on here.
Price doesn't guarantee quality and quality doesn't guarantee good fit. As long as I agree we should buy investment pieces as it pays of in the long term, the most expensive and well crafted item will look bad if it doesn't fit the person wearing it.

Forper

Reaction score
@Forper
Price doesn't guarantee quality and quality doesn't guarantee good fit. As long as I agree we should buy investment pieces as it pays of in the long term, the most expensive and well crafted item will look bad if it doesn't fit the person wearing it.

So you're saying that Alden horse ass shoes, 100% wool Polo pants (made 10 years ago and are still flawless after as many summers and a couple of dry cleans every year) and a handcrafted saddle leather belt aren't quality? How don't they fit? I'm a 34 waist, my pants are size 34, the legs break on my perfectly fitted and rotated Aldens (feel like butter every time I wear) just enough. I admit my shirts sit a liiiitle bit off the shoulder but I like that, it's part of the aesthetic/lifestyle I like. Comfortable, relaxed, no bullshit and functional.

by the way the original poster called my gear "entry level". I was just asking how it's entry level? Do you think it's entry level?

Last edited:

Forper

Reaction score
Forper, your individual style is entry level and/or painfully clueless American worker.

While it would still be preferable to incorporate some tailored wear (an SC does wonders for even a simple look), you could look much, MUCH better heeding some of the advice here, and still maintain your comfort/functionality.

As it currently stands, you look sloppy.

ericgereghty, you have well I'll probably get banned if I say it.. You could look much much better heeding some of my advice. Size up on the (custom made I assume) shirt in the chest, wear an undertee to avoid that...unfortunate...visible nipple effect..

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics