• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
@WeakMonday : I love that suit!

@VictorSFreturn : I agree on the tie with others but still - amazing!

MTM
Sonrisa
Drakes
Exquisite Trimmings
Crockett & Jones
Mismo

PS is a bit "out of the blue", but hey, it's autumn!

Yes please. Very nice outfit, @Pasteur

Rain caused some odd posing and light today
@Dennis Walter. Nice fits. I like the Rouge trousers. Question - would you mind sharing your height and weight. In my head, I think I am about your build. Just want to see if I am on track with my weight loss. Thanks

@pravda , thanx. I am 187 cm and currently weigh 72 kg. I have been less heavy in the past (say -5 kg), but the lady of the house is spoiling me and my couch is damn comfortable.

@Dennis Walter & @DiplomaticTies , you both seem pretty adept at mixing patterns. What are your main concerns/objectives when doing so? In other words, how do you do it without people telling you you've got too many patterns going on?
satisfied.gif

@Koala-T , appreciate your feedback. As @DiplomaticTies has already laid out before me, it´s actually not about thinking too much about what others say. Sure, i don´t mind people asking or disagreeing with my choices, but it´s not giving me a headache. Whenever i am configuring my outfits, i tend to focus rather on textures and colors (add an "u" if you like :)) than patterns. I guess my only concern when thinking about mixing patterns is that they need to be of different scale - i don´t have a regular grit or a rule of thumb, it´s more like trying to reproduce a look which looks good in my eyes. Sometimes i am off, but most of the time i´ve the feeling to make it work.
All in all, most of the people acknowledge my way of dressing as it is: an extension of my personality. It might not be for everyone, but that has never been the original intention.

Pic isn't great, but not bad either and the fit looks really good. Glad to see another Berliner on here!

For me it was brown, blue and a little bit of green yesterday:
Forgot my raincoat when I went to the barber and when I came out it was raining. Had to take a selfie anyway.

Loro Piana SC - pure cashmere. Probably my favourite item in my closet.
Gutteridge shirt that was bought in Milan earlier this year. I like the collar but I'm not sure how it will hold up over time.
Silk tie by E.Tautz
PS in wool by Farrell
Oscar Jacobson flanells
Tassels by C&J

Very nice fit, @Anden . The cashmere does look supersoft and slubby indeed. Great catch!

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cao Cao

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Dennis Walter
I am just giving you a hard time but you should lead with your pictures rather than lead with your commentaries on other posters.

Sincerely,

Dennis Walter's Fan

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
@Dennis Walter
I am just giving you a hard time but you should lead with your pictures rather than lead with your commentaries on other posters.

Sincerely,

Dennis Walter's Fan

Don´t be so harsh on me - i am a newbie, @Cao Cao
worship.gif

Will amend accordingly...(no offense taken, by the way)

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Dennis Walter. Thanks for your specs.

I am 9kg heavier than you but we are the same height. I am trying to shave 5kg with Paleo and daily exercise but it seems impossible. Keep up the good work.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... and thus did sugarbutch don a three-piece suit with a lapelled vest, and verily did the people rejoice, yea, greatly did they rejoice and there was much joy among the people ...

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys wanted Koala in a suit, well, you get Koala in a suit. Understand this came in the mail yesterday, and all I've done to it is taper the lower leg, so there's probably a few more things I should touch up.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, man. Unbutton the bottom vest button. Were you born yesterday!? :fu:

:D

Looking good, K. Maybe a bit more length in the pants (and sleeves? can't say for sure) if you felt like messing with it but all in all I'd say you have a winner. Where'd you find it?

Chulillo

Reaction score
I agree with @jcmeyer I think you should get your trousers a Little longer
bigstar[1].gif

Where is the suit from? Looks nice.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys wanted Koala in a suit, well, you get Koala in a suit. Understand this came in the mail yesterday, and all I've done to it is taper the lower leg, so there's probably a few more things I should touch up. /quote]

Were the suit mine, I think that, assuming there is selvedge in the trousers, I'd lengthen them a bit - no more than an inch, from what I can see from the photos, and the left sleeve looks significantly shorter on you than the right - that might benefit from being lengthened half an inch. I might also let out the waist of the jacket a bit, but you would know better than I whether the jacket is comfortable when buttoned (not that it will be that way often, worn as a three-piece).

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Definitely want to let the sleeves out a touch. Maybe let the trousers down a hair as well.

Found it on eBay. Just a random old American made tweed 3 piece sack suit. Graham and Dunn, I believe, is the label.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Koala-T I don't know whether it is the cut of the jacket or the continuity effect of the suit, but this is my favorite look of yours so far. Pants could be longer, but I like minimal break.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Koala-T The suit is quite flattering. nice work. I am not sold on how you have the leg opening set up, but you have received a lot of feedback from far more knowledgeable gents that I on that topic. Perhaps slightly more open and longer? I do realize you just got the suit. The main point of the my message is it looks great and you look happy with it, so nice work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads