• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ciny

Reaction score
First try in this thread.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NEW SUIT! purchased this with the pinstripe one a couple months ago and just got it back.. the remarkable thing is that this suit was just the wrong size. Atleast two sizes to big..the tailor had to completely re-cut the suit... the took in the sides considerably being that it ballooned out so much...they had to take out the pockets on the jacket to recut it and then re-attach it..they also had to re-cut the sleeves and rotate them. The pants were also so big on me.. makes sense because I am a drop nine. Being that my tailors had to take in the pants by 4 inches they had to take out all four pockets and re-cut the pants as well... I should have taken a before picture.. its amazing what they have done.. simply put these guys are amazing..all this was done for a little over $300..crazy right..sad news is the husband of the husband/wife team/tandem retires next fall... the wife is just as good but he handles my stuff.. just trying to get it in before he does retire..also do not have a true hard 3 button suit so getting used to it..This was worn yesterday for church..
This was worn a couple of weekends ago..date night with my wife..
That really is amazing, the suit fits really well. Only thing I don't understand is how they moved the jacket pockets, if you moved them, you would have to sew the initial opening shut, right?

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
First try in this thread.

Shirt fits pretty nice, but the collar is IMO too small for your knot and it looks like (without the pressure from the suspenders) it might be a bit large in the sholders. Also I'd refrain from wearing clip on suspenders (some people make exceptions for heavy weight jeans). I guess you could use them to try out whether you prefer suspenders over belts in the beginning but in general you should avoid them. Either use a belt or wear buttoned suspenders on pants without belt loops. To me clip-ons make you look like a hipster or a waiter at TGI Fridays.

Felix

Last edited:

ciny

Reaction score

Shirt fits pretty nice, but the collar is IMO too small for your knot and it looks like it might be a bit large in the sholders. Also I'd refrain from wearing clip on suspenders (some people make exceptions for heavy weight jeans). I guess you could use them to try out whether you prefer suspenders over belts in the beginning but in general you should avoid them. Either use a belt or wear buttoned suspenders on pants without belt loops. To me clip-ons make you look like a hipster or a waiter at TGI Fridays.

Felix

Usually i wear a belt. Today i'm just testing the new suspenders we just got in the store. I think the four in hand may be vetter to this shirt. I see your point there. Thanks.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm visiting a friend in hospital this evening - a partial knee replacement - so I thought wearing something bright and cheery would be of some comfort to the patient.

Suit & shirt - BB
Tie - Hilditch & Key
Shoes - Paul Stuart (private label from C & J)

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That really is amazing, the suit fits really well. Only thing I don't understand is how they moved the jacket pockets, if you moved them, you would have to sew the initial opening shut, right?

Let me rephrase. They took out the pockets so they could take in the jacket by the hip area and then re-sowed it back in. Hope this clears it up. Thanks for the compliments Sander!

colco

Reaction score
@bienluienapris I admire your willingness to combine a lighter blue trouser with a navy sc. I wish the trousers were a bit lighter

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As always, thanks to all those who take the time and trouble to post pictures of themselves and who like my pictures.

Trying new things today. Inspired by this week's Friday Challenge, for the first time in my life I am wearing brown suede shoes with grey trousers. I am also trying a new pose. Rather than the "Robopose" that is favored by many, I am trying "Fantasto Pose", as demonstrated by Mr. Fantastic on the poster behind me. On a related subject. the Invisible Woman doesn't look invisible to me. Some of you might think that some women imagine that they are more fantastic than they really are. You might well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, pink, blue, and white glen plaid PPBD shirt, pink, blue and white BB#1 Stripe grenadine tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Banana Republic grey glen plaid linen trousers, Eddie Bauer grey and tan argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds snuff suede Neumoks......

.......and for those who might be wondering, the only time in my life when I have worn brown leather shoes with grey trousers, a picture from several years ago that also shows that even if you are somewhere where you don't speak the language, you can still ask total strangers to take your picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads