• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice fits on this page guys.. Ill try to keep the theme going... NEW SUIT!! Got this beauty a couple months ago but just got it back from the tailors last week..wore this yesterday and was able to snap some pics yesterday evening before it got too dark..

Then a more casual outfit from this weekend..Nothing but cottton and rumpled linen here..

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I think to some extent the neck length of the wearer should be taken into consideration, don’t you think? What you’re calling a ‘convex’ shape can help diminish the effect of a long neck, no?

Cheers,

Ac

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think to some extent the neck length of the wearer should be taken into consideration, don’t you think?  What you’re calling a ‘convex’ shape can help diminish the effect of a long neck, no?

Cheers,

Ac

Yeah, I might be prejudiced. :lol:

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice fits on this page guys.. Ill try to keep the theme going... NEW SUIT!! Got this beauty a couple months ago but just got it back from the tailors last week..wore this yesterday and was able to snap some pics yesterday evening before it got too dark..
Then a more casual outfit from this weekend..Nothing but cottton and rumpled linen here..
That suit is sick man :slayer:

Last edited:

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing fits.

Suit looks, as Kulata put it, sick!

colco

Reaction score
@colco very nice fit on your trousers - I am quite fond of the full break and single (Edit* I just checked and saw it's double) forward pleat!
@ShawnBC thank you. This is a fuller break than I'd prefer actually. These are new and I am waiting till I dry clean them the first time to determine whether I need to get them tweaked or not.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Last edited:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That suit is sick man
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Amazing fits.

Suit looks, as Kulata put it, sick!

Thanks guys! It felt awesome too! Very lightweight for the hot as hell summers here in Central Cali (was over a 110 all of last week).. got another suit being finished up this week that is just as sick.. will post as soon as I get an opportunity to wear it when I get it back..

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
by the way, how much would you guys say a nice suit (but not exotic materials or anything) from TF, Zegna, or a similar brand costs on average? I've been doing some thinking about bespoke vs. brand-name RTW

between 3-4k (4-7k for attolini, kiton, etc...)

if you have the time and interest in finding the right person, i'd go bespoke...

semperexcelsius

Reaction score

between 3-4k (4-7k for attolini, kiton, etc...)

if you have the time and interest in finding the right person, i'd go bespoke...

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about actually buying, just comparing to bespoke.

Jesus, though. You'd have to be insane to pay $7k for RTW.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about actually buying, just comparing to bespoke.

Jesus, though. You'd have to be insane to pay $7k for RTW.

RTW does have advantages:

You can try on multiple cuts from multiple brands in multiple sizes before buying.
You have access to fabrics beyond the more ubiquitous books most tailors stock (though, this is simultaneously a draw back, perhaps...)
The finishing can also be slightly superior (depending on one's aesthetic...)

I mostly do bespoke now, but I do have a hearty collection of RTW for various purposes, that I really enjoy wearing (Canali, Zegna, Paul Stuart, Ring, Eidos...)!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads