• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nice clean look, Noodles. Since you're asking for feedback, in addition to what others have said I'm going to repeat what I already mentioned in the GNAT: I still think you should do something about the trouser legs. Those poodles of loose fabric bunching at the back of your thighs suggest that the back balance might be off. I believe you already noted that you have a flat arse (excusez le mot), which may be the cause of the problem. A good tailor will be able to correct this. IMO it's a shame because it distracts from an otherwise clean silhouette.

This would be my feedback as well. You look great though.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
@EliodA
I am with you. I just don't have the buttocks to give the pants a clean look. The only way to fix it is to lift it from the back like you said. Field did it on one of my pants and fixed the problem. Or maybe I can work on my buttocks muscle.

Last edited:

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suspenders – Albert Thurston trousers/pants – Bespoke
Why the belt loops with braces? Why not trousers made for braces if you are going to wear braces. They would look better and feel better and wear better. You could also have belted trousers for whenever you like to wear a belt.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 x glen plaid. Too much?

IMG_8629.jpg

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you're not supposed to do that EliodA. The Prince's fit is country, but you've got no excuse.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif
I like that tie with that jacket.

Hunters of Brora Shetland tweed again

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif
I like that tie with that jacket.

Hunters of Brora Shetland tweed again

Very nice!
Did Hunters of Brora webshop go down?

Got myself a jacket in the making. The medium weight herringbone/birdseye with red overcheck. Picking it up next month!

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice!
Did Hunters of Brora webshop go down?

Got myself a jacket in the making. The medium weight herringbone/birdseye with red overcheck. Picking it up next month!

Thanks Don't know. This was a cloth bespoken by jerrybrowne. Still available from him if anyones interested. Look forward to seeing yours
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New week, and something newly dug out of the archives - I've not worn today's suit since last September, apparently, and have combined it with a tie that I bought some 25 years ago, I believe - I have become my own source for vintage clothing . . .

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - The Custom Shop
PS - BB
Shoes - C & J Edgwares

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Pliny , great tweed, looks so warm & comfy!

@DonCologne , very nice pocket square. Is that Shibumi?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics