HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

No. They are real Belgian loafers. Why would you buy the fake ones when you could get the real ones?

2. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Beautifully restrained fit. Classic.

I am with you on self-made vintage items. I have a vintage watch that I've had for close to fifty years...since it was new. [​IMG]

3. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

All I've got for you today, my friends.

[​IMG]

4. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

As promised upthread, my Claghorn [​IMG] pose:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, of course, the Academic2[​IMG] pose:

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Ac [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2015

5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

A question for the folks from non-English speaking countries: Why do so many of you use the Anglicized versions of place names instead of the actual names? DC being a ready example, why not Köln? Just curious...

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

My guess is that he recognizes his audience as English speaking. Though if you'd like, I'll start writing 서울 instead of Seoul (which is pronounced "Suh--ool" as opposed to "soul" anyway...but people get confused when I say Seoul, Samsung, and Hyundai properly. I don't really say Seoul properly though)

7. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Here I thought Belgian loafers was just a design style. Never knew one could be classified as a poseur for wearing this style of loafers if not produced in Belgium. What about Neapolitan-inspired suits made in other parts of Italy, or worst, other countries?

8. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Because you Americans are too lazy to learn other languages. We just help you pour souls a bit. [​IMG]

9. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I note that "Cologne" is most likely the French interpretation of Koln, adopted by Anglophones - it is not only English-speaking people who have re-named other countries' place names. London is Londres in French, and Londra in Italian; Paris is Parigi in Italian, and Warsaw is Varsovie in French. And so it goes . . .

10. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

I quote you @EliodA because this post really caught my attention. That loose fabric is really due to the lack of glutes? Because I have a pair of light grey wool trousers that have that same effect on me and I am not lacking in the glute department really... I have always been very curious about why that happens to me. I always asumed, as you did, that those wavy trousers on others were due to that, having a flat buttocks, but when that happened to me and another friend (who bought the same pair of trousers from the same tailor) so I started wondering. Both he and I work out and all, although I am bigger but in scale we do share that problem with those specific trousers.

Do you think it could be because of something else other than our own body-structure??

Perfect outfit. The best of the day for me. :)

11. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Thanks, man.

12. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Indeed, an interesting phenomenon. My former home town in The Netherlands/Nederland/Les Pays Bas/Die Niederländen etc. is officially called 's-Gravenhage, but also known as Den Haag, The Hague, La Haye, L'Aia... And more poetically, the Widow of the East Indies

I'm not sure if I eplain it correctly since I'm not a tailor, but in Noodles case I believe it is because there is too much length in the fabric at the back. I don't know what could be the cause of yours. You can read all about trouser fit here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/177616/on-pants

BTW, agree with you on best fit of the day...

13. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Thanks, @EliodA I will take a look. I was just going crazy for some time with that issue... until I just told myself it was not my fault because it doesn't happen to me on the rest of the trousers I own. I know that sometimes it happens to people who wear their trousers "hanging" from the hip instead of wearing them sitting on the actual waist but that wasn't my case either.
    Anyways, thanks for the link. :)

In Spanish your city is La Haya... I remember that my International Law professor once asked the classroom how to say "La Haya" in English and nobody knew... it was shocking... :p

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I do wonder where Noodles's trousers are resting--hips or waist. Also whether those are the standard sized trousers that came with the suit (I know there's been some swapping of jackets and trousers with the Formosas from NMWA).

And Murl's fit today is excellent.