• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
--
@Stefan88 I'm sorry to say, but real brown shoes would have been better. Chocolate suede, for example.
Ladbroke is a great pair. Had one in midnight blue once, but they were every so slightly too tight, and got rid of them a few years ago.

You guys are making me realise I need more brown in my life. Will have to check my funds in May. :D

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: summery low contrast fit, for a change.
New Finamore tie makes a terrible knot.
frown.gif

"I just pulled the trigger on this timeless and classic tie so I could rock it in a three pattern bingo fit. Excuse the tie pen0r, doodz."

Great stuff, superb fit on the jacket! Though a crisp white LC shirt would look even better. I'm not a fan of patterned shirts with glencheck.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ladbroke is a great pair. Had one in midnight blue once, but they were every so slightly too tight, and got rid of them a few years ago.

Oh, how long have you tried to wear them? In my experience, wholecuts stretch a bit more with wearing in (probably because of the lack of stitching over the toes), so it's better to start with a tight fitting shoe. Perhaps you've got rid of them too soon?

Great stuff, superb fit on the jacket! Though a crisp white LC shirt would look even better. I'm not a fan of patterned shirts with glencheck.

Danke sehr! Of course you're right that a white shirt would look sharper here, but I was going for a low contrast look today and I just don't have a plain blue shirt that's pale enough to work in this context. So, patterned it had to be...

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An early start to the week, and photographic proof that I can do the Crusty Crouch even in my sleep . . .

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Dunhill
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - Tyrwhitt
PS - BB
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Raincoat - Burberry
Hat - Weatherproof

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, how long have you tried to wear them? In my experience, wholecuts stretch a bit more with wearing in (probably because of the lack of stitching over the toes), so it's better to start with a tight fitting shoe. Perhaps you've got rid of them too soon?
That's rather funny actually. It was one of the first pair of good shoes I bought, and I had no experience with sizing. At the time it felt too tight, while the purchased size is actually the one I'd go for now. Perceptions change I guess.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Normally I'm a great admirer of your sartorial envelope-probing, but I'm afraid that waistcoat is a probe too far, even for me.

With a much more rurally-biased ensemble, I'm sure it could be spectacular.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
Ipad-photo from Klaipeda (Lithuania)
biggrin.gif

backpack – GRUNGE JOHN ORCHESTRA
sunglasses – Ermenegildo Zegna
headwear – Stetson
scarf – Carhartt
gloves – Roeckl
belt – Juicy Coutur
bracelet – Viola Milano
jacket/coat – Polo Ralph Lauren
roll-neck sweater – Zanone
T-shirt – Barbour
shoes – Red Wing
socks – Pantherella
jeans – Bespoke
perfume – Lalique “Encre Noire”

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
Fashion Week 2014 in Moscow

briefcase/bag – Berluti
headwear – Stetson
gloves – Merola
tie – Sozzi
pocket squares – AD56
belt – Church
cufflinks – Dunhill
boutonniere – Igor Semenov
shoes – Alden
socks – Pantherella
jacket – Bespoke
trousers/pants – Bespoke
shirt – Bespoke
perfume – XerJoff “Dhofar”

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Victor, sorry, I did a reflex thumb. Apologies.

SpanD, killing it. Simple, accurate and magnificent. Where's the suit from?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Victor. Is that jacket by any chance made from the London Lounge "Agnelli" flannel?

Spandexter

Reaction score

Victor, sorry, I did a reflex thumb. Apologies.

SpanD, killing it. Simple, accurate and magnificent. Where's the suit from?

Thanks mate. Suit is Oscar Hunt MTM. They're opening their showroom in Sydney soon so you should pop in for a look.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Spandexter you should post more fit pics! Very nice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads