• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like the setting and I generally like wholecuts. What is your plan with the cuffs?

They probably need another pressing, if that's what you mean. Good news (ish): They got soaked with rain, so just about every crease in them evaporated. So I'll be starting just about tabula rasa when I press them again. :censored:

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They probably need another pressing, if that's what you mean. Good news (ish): They got soaked with rain, so just about every crease in them evaporated. So I'll be starting just about tabula rasa when I press them again. :censored:

I believe that the question is more a resolution of the horizontal crease in the middle of the cuff - obviously, you had the trousers shortened or lengthened at some point. I am sure that a good pressing will take that out (I've had the same thing occur to me - unhappily, with no-iron chinos, and the crease in the middle of the cuff is not disappearing :( ).

Lancaster

Reaction score

Good luck with the pressing. I just got rained on during my dash for the train. I changed my shirt before leaving work but not my pants. Re the cuffs, I wasnt sure if you had just pinned them up to show the shoes, to test the length or if they were permanent. I generally like taller cuffs and with a good pressing they will add to the outfit.

Last edited:

Lancaster

Reaction score

An early start to the week, and photographic proof that I can do the Crusty Crouch even in my sleep . . .

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Dunhill
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - Tyrwhitt
PS - BB
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Raincoat - Burberry
Hat - Weatherproof

Crusty, love the braces. I was not expecting something so whimsical with your overall subded ensemble. Between the darkish tones, the sleepiness, and the snappy braces, I guess that you partied hard over the weekend (hence the sleepiness), rekindled a deep friendship or private love that you don't discuss much (hence the snappy braces, sosomething fun that you keep mostly private) and you did not want the weekend to end (hence the subdued ensemble).

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disappointed in the fit of this Kamakura shirt. They "updated" the fit with a box pleat and it's 1 inch bigger in the chest and the armhole is slimmer.
frown.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crusty, love the braces. I was not expecting something so whimsical with your overall subded ensemble. Between the darkish tones, the sleepiness, and the snappy braces, I guess that you partied hard over the weekend (hence the sleepiness), rekindled a deep friendship or private love that you don't discuss much (hence the snappy braces, sosomething fun that you keep mostly private) and you did not want the weekend to end (hence the subdued ensemble).

That is the most charmingly fanciful, imaginative take on what I decided to wear of which I have ever heard. Unhappily, it is also quite inaccurate. My early arising was due to a colleague scheduling a conference call/webex at the ungodly hour of 8:00 AM, for the purpose of teaching the unwashed the intricacies of the company's time tracking/project management software. As it was, I was the sole idiot, other than the lecturer and his boss who attended said matinee. Grrrr.

As for the snappy braces, they were chosen simply because I was tired of wearing the light blue pair that I wear more usually with this suit/shirt combination. Not as suitable a match, but the braces are among my favorites.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is the most charmingly fanciful, imaginative take on what I decided to wear of which I have ever heard. Unhappily, it is also quite inaccurate. My early arising was due to a colleague scheduling a conference call/webex at the ungodly hour of 8:00 AM, for the purpose of teaching the unwashed the intricacies of the company's time tracking/project management software. As it was, I was the sole idiot, other than the lecturer and his boss who attended said matinee. Grrrr.

As for the snappy braces, they were chosen simply because I was tired of wearing the light blue pair that I wear more usually with this suit/shirt combination. Not as suitable a match, but the braces are among my favorites.

Good lord man, on fridays I've been at work for almost 3 hours at 8 AM. Haha.

Oh healthcare stuffs.

Seamless

Reaction score
More casual look then my normal. Heading to a date with the wife.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the braces match the shirt and tie perfectly, plus all three together look so fun. I always like these little pieces of flair ;) in you ensemble (whether it be ps, links, etc)

Very nice pics lately to everyone

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the love, gents.

@Spandexter, that is superb.

@UrbanComposition, I knew it. That SC has Eds name all over it. Looks great.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really wild, windy, wet weather in Sydney today - as you can see from my shoes.

Tie is corduroy, from B&Tailor.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics