• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't like that jacket, GMM. Is it linen? I don't like that kind of texture with a pattern.

It is linen. To each his own; I actually love the fact that this has texture.

Squire

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback patrick! Is that something a tailor could fix, or is it just something I need to think of when buying my next suit?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It is linen. To each his own; I actually love the fact that this has texture.

Texture is awesome, but patterned linen looks weird.

Thanks for the feedback patrick! Is that something a tailor could fix, or is it just something I need to think of when buying my next suit?

Something to keep in mind for your next purchase.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I still want this patterned linen thing explained to me. What's the problem? PB doesn't like the way it looks, I.e wrinkled patterns. Fair enough. Manton asserts that linen should never be patterned i Believe. Interesting but a proposition in want of an argument. Anyone?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you-- I learn something new every day

It is the chest that is too snug. Most people in efforts to wear properly fitting clothes end up wearing clothes that are too tight. When you size up in a suit the shoulder width doesn't change all that much. Sizes are based on your chest, not the waist. Find a chest that fits you and the rest can be dealt with by a tailor. It will end up looking better.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Medium brown punch caps not pictured. Tie is a striped grenadine fina from Hober.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
different collar and take away the giant print at the bottom of the tie, and i love it.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WIWT:

Y'all shoud check out the Pitti Pic thread BTW, lots of well known faces.
I really like this. The angle of the picture makes your legs look really long and skinny. I know I'm one to talk, but I wish the pants were a bit longer too.

peepwall[1].gif

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I really like this.  The angle of the picture makes your legs look really long and skinny.  I know I'm one to talk, but I wish the pants were a bit longer too.  

peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

You're right both about the angle and length of the trousers. These pants looked longer when I bought them, but because they're linen, they get shorter when worn. Well, I don't really mind it, and I fit right in at Pitti :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads