• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On this MLK / Inauguration Day, the wind chill is near zero. Perfect LL Bean Norwegian day.
Shirt and jeans: LL Bean Duffle: Original Montgomery Scarf: ?

Last edited:

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On this MLK / Inauguration Day, the wind chill is near zero. Perfect LL Bean Norwegian day.
Shirt and jeans: LL Bean Duffle: Original Montgomery Scarf: ?

Like the top half, jeans are a little too evenly faded for my tastes.

Happy MLK day all. Since the green cord got little love on its first time out, we try again.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like the top half, jeans are a little too evenly faded for my tastes.

Oh, the jeans are just a beat up old pair for doing chores before and after watching the inauguration.

Really like your coat, today.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have a talent for strange facial expressions and yes, I have a dropped right shoulder unaccounted for in this suit.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
try to channel doc holliday by wearing a white shirt .

tied my tie too short and forgot to take a close up of this fantastic shirt texture...

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That shirt is awesome estitchy!

Had problems with my account, and it looks like I'm not receiving support mails from SF at all (checked my spam filters and rules, but nothing). Starting over again...

This was friday, my Ultimate iGent Suit
2122.png
is finished:

Very, very nice Mr. Díaz. Is that a "stitchy" pose? Hahaha!

Zythophile

Reaction score

This is so dumb.. how does what a next man wears annoy you? eat your food and enjoy your company.

I disagree...if one has made an effort to look nice, and adhere to common etiquette, manors in fact - I find it very rude/lazy if others don't. I make an effort to leave the room to use the phone, I find it rude when others don't. I find it rude when people can't be bothered to take a hat off...that's all it is - laziness! It's just manors,

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This was friday, my Ultimate iGent Suit
2122.png
is finished:

I'm not a fan of the high-buttoned waistcoat, personally. A bit too retro for me. The rest of teh suit, and the whole outfit otherwise, though, is excellent.

Worth doing, just for the amusement value, surely? :)

Can't decide whether I like this type of shoulder or not. It's too cardigan like.
It looks great, but what you've highlighted is, for me, the litmus test for whether you like soft shoulders or not. Some people really dig that feeling, others figure that if they want that, they'll wear something other than a tailored jacket altogether and go for a different look. A well-fitted, more structured shoulder is still very comfortable, without leading to that cardigan-like feeling. I know exactly what you mean; I have a summer suit that has completely soft shoulders and it's had positive feedback here on the shoulders look/fit, but I just don't like that feeling compared to how my more structured-shouldered (but equally well-fitting) jackets. It feels "unsupported", and not what I want from a jacket, somehow. I forget about that about minute after putting it on, of course, but just moving around during the day, you're reminded of it occasionally, and it nags.

I really like this colour combination. Fresh and vibrant colours, harkening Spring.

I really dig this. It's not the most perfect we've ever seen on the boards, but I get a real feeling it's working for you. Not sure what's creating that vibe, specifically, but I get it anyway.

This really annoys me, you've made a great effort in dressing well in what seems like a nice restaurant serving good food and you've got some tossers in the background wearing baseball caps indoors. Why do restauranteurs allow this? I was happy in Claridges this morn when some guest came down with hats and were told to take them off.

I'm with cronicmole on this one; while I happen to think the world would look certainly look a lot prettier if everyone dressed better, try to think of it more as an added unexpected bonus than something essential to your pleasure. As long as other people aren't actively interfering in your enjoyment of the meal (eg by being loud or intrusive/rude), then I'm of the school that considers each table's dining experience as localised to that table, protected by an invisible social bubble of their own imagination, if you like. I've been in restaurants where some people are wearing black tie to celebrate a special occasion, while others are in suits, and still others in casual clothes and each table (including our own, which was somewhere in the suited middle) was still clearly enjoying itself without reference to the other tables. It's more about the ability of the collection of diners to function in a communal social atmosphere while maintaining acceptable polite boundaries, I think, rather than their specific clothing. That's the ideal form of a restaurant to me personally anyway.

Not much snow overnight, so back in normal footwear rather than wellies. I only bought these dainite-soled chukkas a couple of weeks ago, but it was really fortuitiously-timed as I've probably worn them about four or five times since then as they've been ideal for the weather. Apologies for the large collage; I wanted to include the outerwear shot but ended up misjudging the overall size once the close-up was included and can't be bothered to resize now.

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Top to bottom: thetiebar, mtm, boglioli, incotex, vass

I really like this look. I have those pants and usually wear pinks/purples with it, but I really like the contrasting light blue.

Last edited:

Diaz

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the high-buttoned waistcoat, personally. A bit too retro for me. The rest of teh suit, and the whole outfit otherwise, though, is excellent.

Thanks. Fair point about the waistcoat; it was intended as a retro outfit though, for those days I feel a little FU. Just wearing such a suit in the city is a little extravagant by itself
tounge.gif

I will be wearing this as a two-piece most of the time, though. And even more often as an odd jacket, as this cloth was not really intended for trousers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads