• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seems to me that SW&D understanding of style and fashion is much closer to a woman's mindset.

facepalm.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Careful now, some of those beautiful women at the organ concerts you pine for might now take kindly to sexist remarks.

I'm a well-known sexist.

i was going to write a legitimate reply, acecow, but it's become increasingly clear that you're just a bovine troll with no sense of what a style forum is for. i refuse to believe you are in any way representative of MC but just a sad vocal outlier.

No worries, this is all in good fun for me, as long as people don't get personal. I just have some time to kill on this and I do. I'll gladly listen to your opinion if it's an actual opinion and not just getting your panties in a bunch and trying to offend me. Which is impossible over the internet anyway.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're not really getting the cool-factor:yard-fence-style ratio.
I'll help you out by noting that the Antwerp 6 really dig latticework on fencing.
Many of the cutting-edge recent SW&D fits being cross-posted in this thread to challenge the geriatrics (like you, for example) are emerging from suburbia.
I find this to be an exciting development and will be monitoring this thread closely.
The atmosphere is charged with possibility, just like Swingin' London, or when the mongol hordes introduced trousers by force at the margins of Europe.

I think the European high civilisations viewed the draped clothing of Greece, and Minoan culture as an emblem of civilization and disdained trousers (Scythian) as the mark of barbarians for a long period.
Maybe interesting to know is that certain types trousers were known in South Asia for a long period. A famous example are jodhpurs, that are actually a product of an ancient type of trouser. Now ofcourse commonly used for horse riding.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, acecow, I'm not sure if you're legitimately interested in intelligent responses because if you are it isn't really coming off that way, you might want to tone down the snark a little bit.

As far as women's fashion compared to a lot of SW&D, a lot of women I know really pay attention to trends (that's SO hot for spring) while I've never seen anyone do so on SF that I can recall. There's a lot of stuff from 10+ years ago that I'd absolutely love to own; it's more like MC in that regard.

Though in the sense of experimenting with shape, fit, etc; definitely.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, acecow, I'm not sure if you're legitimately interested in intelligent responses because if you are it isn't really coming off that way, you might want to tone down the snark a little bit.

As far as women's fashion compared to a lot of SW&D, a lot of women I know really pay attention to trends (that's SO hot for spring) while I've never seen anyone do so on SF that I can recall.  There's a lot of stuff from 10+ years ago that I'd absolutely love to own; it's more like MC in that regard.

Though in the sense of experimenting with shape, fit, etc; definitely.

There are things from 10+ years ago that women would love to own. Chanel purses come to mind, or classic dresses/shoes/boots, etc. At the same time women are keenly aware of brands and designers and often judge each other's outfits based on that. Seems to me that that's what a lot of SW&D people are doing. The similarities don't stop there, though that's the main one.

By the way, I don't speak for all MC, only myself. And I am legitimately interested and prepared to hold a reasonable discussion. However, many people's responses leave me little room to maneuver, as they intentionally twist my words and try to offend me instead of logically arguing.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, you are looking half decent, in actual fact very decent, appears to be a very nice outfit.
I think you judge yourself unnecessarily severely with your words, without need IMHO.

Thank-you, and don't worry, I am not at all negative, I was being self-depreciating - it's a British thing. Doesn't always translate across the Atlantic or over the Internet...
smile.gif

ianGP

Reaction score

I really like your style, it has always been great.....
However, I would swap with a real flower rather than the pin, it doesn't compliment the rest of the outfit
Anyway, excellent choice of clothing

Thanks mate! Yeah the pin was for the Cherry Blossom festival that my company is sponsoring... I guess I could see what Mr. K's got in his stash that will substitute.

the shoes dont really work well IMO. I think its too round of a last for your outfit

True, I was contemplating on changing to a sharper last but I knew I was going to be moving around alot today, these chukka's are the most comfy :inlove: But I do agree with you.

I wish that shirt were solid white, cream, or blue. I do not like that ministripe. Otherwise, quite nice.

Nice to see you posting again :D

As usual with your fits, I like the patterns & combinations, but just can't quite love the way it fits. I think it might just be a different strokes thing...

Yeah, I'm still on the hunt for that 'perfect fit' or as close to it as possible at least ;) Thanks for the compliment!
I'll be getting a suit or two back from my tailors, hopefully the little changes I made will turn out for the better!

IanGP - Gotta love Heiki's helmet.....

Haha yeah!! I need a new helmet for this season as mine cracked in a crash last year....contemplating on getting something similar done.. Kimi has an Angry Birds tagged somewhere in his helmet as well but not as prominent as Heikki's

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

There are things from 10+ years ago that women would love to own. Chanel purses come to mind, or classic dresses/shoes/boots, etc. At the same time women are keenly aware of brands and designers and often judge each other's outfits based on that. Seems to me that that's what a lot of SW&D people are doing. The similarities don't stop there, though that's the main one.
By the way, I don't speak for all MC, only myself. And I am legitimately interested and prepared to hold a reasonable discussion. However, many people's responses leave me little room to maneuver, as they intentionally twist my words and try to offend me instead of logically arguing.

I don't see any arguments put forward regarding the greater importance of brands in SWD vs MC, it is not a valid one in my experience but then I've only been here since 2004...

Now that is not a bad thing in either case because, while uncritical acceptance of a brand's offering leads to fashion disasters, brands are generally both evoke certain things and make them manifest in their offerings, in other words if you wanna dress like a glam nightlife king in Miami, chances that you're not that stupid to buy a lot of Gucci. It is the image they sell (good for your concept of yourself in that case) AND the clothing they design (so good as far as having the style you want).

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-DELETE-

As far as women's fashion compared to a lot of SW&D, a lot of women I know really pay attention to trends (that's SO hot for spring) while I've never seen anyone do so on SF that I can recall.

-DELETE-
I honestly think this is for the best. SW&D seems to pay attention to the trends that have lasted several years, but doesn't seem to jump on the "this is what's hot for this Spring" bandwaggon. Think about it - so many trends just don't last past a season or two, which makes those uber-trendy items unwearable after only a year or so; and if the trend is just plain stupid, you end up looking stupid.

are there grail items in MC?

Suits; dress shirts; 7-fold ties; bluchers; balmorals; socks; sport coats; trousers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads