• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylesbitchly

Reaction score

Styles,

I looked at your earlier fits as well as today's. If I could put my finger on one thing that I think you could best be focusing on it would be proportions and the relationships of each item to the other.

In today's fit your top half seems overly large to your bottom half. You may not have the best build for the super skinny pant look. I find this look only seems to work on those who are super skinny on top. In addition it seems to look best with a jacket that is on the short side - which yours is not. I'm not a super fan of short jackets in general so I suggest slightly wider trouser legs are the answer here.

You might also consider a wider tie - particularly with this particular jacket. As a general rule most find that the tie looks best when it is a similar width to the lapel. (With some lattitude of course.)

I rather like the shirt color and the shoes are working for you. Can you wear a square in your environment? A little more dash wouldn't hurt..although I seem to recall that you work in a very conservative environment and thus squares may be too much. In that case I would recommend that you look at adding a little pattern in your ties if possible (neats and stripes should work in a conservative environment.)

Hope this helps.

It does help, and thank you. This is EXACTLY why I started posting pics here!
I had been on a 'slim pants' kick lately. To a fault it would seem. It will be a very Merry Christmas for my tailor!

The tie width I feel is passable, but I do consider the rule when dressing. I'm also going to say '*******' and invest in some squares. So what if the envelope gets pushed a little further?

Thanks again, fellas.

Josh

stylesbitchly

Reaction score
Fredpooletie-1.jpg

How much did God charge you for that collar?

No ****. That looks fantastic.

On that note...what're some good options for shirts with collars such as this? I know the usual suspects in the $100 range. Any others?

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breezy and chilly today

PC160273.jpg
PC160276.jpg

PC160277.jpg

PC160278.jpg

All American day.
H. Freeman & Sons
Brooks Brothers
Brooks Brothers
Florsheim
Brooks Brothers

Oh yeah...
Costa del Mars

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chest feels great. It's the pants that need to be 'unslimmed' a bit.
Agreed on the collar points. It's the shirts I've been buying. I'm replacing them one at a time.
Thanks for the he response. I enjoy your posts quite a bit.

Doesn't matter if the chest feels great, it looks like it's being pulled out (slightly bowed lapels), though this might be the posture. Tie is too slim, sorry. I used to be all about the 2" tie, but it just looks bad to me now. Embrace the 3 3/8 (or plain 3 if you can't stomach it).

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dirtymirror.jpg

purpleknot.jpg

got a haircut today
gotta look fresh for my cousin's wedding this weekend

past 2 weeks have been pretty hectic
ran out of all my ironed shirts so i dug deep...
and found this van heusen hanging in the back of my closet...
:slayer:

i know i know
mirror is still dirty
and the suit is midnight blue

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By all means, show us the path to greatness. I await your guidance.
Avert your gaze, lest I burden them with my banality:

Your banality is quite bonny-don't be bashful! Love the knot.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to start taking these shots first thing in the morning!
Here is a Paul Stuart suit paired with a lavender gingham shirt, a chocolate knit tie, and chocolate suede lace ups. Thoughts?
839C90CB.jpg

I don't think the shirt is working. I'm not sure what I would like with this suit, but the pink just doesn't belong IMHO.

Contrary to Gdot, I think the pants are at a good level of slimness. If you were to shorten the pants they might drape better, so I'd definitely recommend that, but I think fuller pants would just serve to decrease your sartorial standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members