• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please do! 

What size do you wear?  38/32?  Just for future reference, and in case you decide to sell some clothing. :cool:

Yup, but on the long side as I'm 6'2. But I often wear shorter jackets because of it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very nice TB as usual from you. I have to admit a strong prejudice against that double FIH that you and some others insist on doing. It looks to me like you don't know how to tie a tie properly and I always cringe when I see them on here. I may be in a minority but I reckon these ties would look so much better with either a single FIH or a double without the inner loop showing.

i like the double loop showing :hide:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know it's repulsive, but please-no obscenities.

I thought I'd have a tailor taper and shorten the legs. Cuff, or not?

Could a tailor make it more slim in the thigh/crotch area?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know it's repulsive, but please-no obscenities. I thought I'd have a tailor taper and shorten the legs. Cuff, or not? Could a tailor make it more slim in the thigh/crotch area?
Stylistically, I'd wear a different color shirt and a different tie as well.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ ok CDHagg... I hate to be the first to feedback but here goes.....

clearly you've indicated the pants need work...but pants are easy so shouldn't be too complicated for a good tailor. Cuff or no cuff I guess is up to you - (they are flat front correct so my preference would be no cuff) - but they certainly are a bit long and do need some slimming in the thigh/ass/crotch area. In the jacket close-up (4th pic) the coat seems to fit pretty well on your right side.... the left seems not to hang as nicely but that could be from your stance/posture. Overall the shoulders look pretty good. In the 3rd pic (jacket reverse) it seems you have some pulling across the top of the back b/t the shoulders which can be problematic to fix after the fact. Based on your arm length it also seems the jacket is a bit short...not a lot but a bit and from reverse it doesn't quite fall far enough over your bum. It is by no means repulsive.... but getting a great fit can make all the difference. I feel the tie knot could use a little work as it appears a bit limp.... I'm sure there are other points that will be highlighted by other posts but IMHO you could sharpen this up significantly w/ a little work.

ok...Romo beat me to it... now I'm #2

Last edited:

DaBatMan

Reaction score

I want your jacket, your shoes and your trophy animal.

I lol'd because I was thinking the same thing.

As a mater of fact... give me your shoes, watch, &... oh what the hell just strip and step away.

I wore this yesterday. Damn sleeve got caught on the shirt and rode up.
party1.jpg

party2.jpg

Mike, I like really like this. It kind of gives you a boxed look however. Maybe it's the camera angle. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Yup, but on the long side as I'm 6'2. But I often wear shorter jackets because of it.

Maybe I missed something but is this your trouser size?

Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe I missed something but is this your trouser size?

He asked if I was 38/32 and I said "yup." I'm assuming he meant 38 jacket, 32 pants. Which is about right, maybe closer to 30.5-31 pants and maybe 38-39 chest.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Stylistically, I'd wear a different color shirt and a different tie as well.

Yes. The monochrome look has a very dated, '90s vibe. I think it got so popular because it takes color matching out of the equation. Contrast is good. Embrace it.

There's no reason not to get cuffs just because the pants are flat front. If you want cuffs, go for it.

I'm not sure the pants need tapering. It's easy to go overboard.

And yes, burn the tie.

DaBatMan

Reaction score

He asked if I was 38/32 and I said "yup." I'm assuming he meant 38 jacket, 32 pants. Which is about right, maybe closer to 30.5-31 pants and maybe 38-39 chest.

Thanks for clearing that up as I was dreaming that I'd look that good rocking something like that. I'm 6'3" and could only wish to pull a fit like that off the way you did. Well done Sir!

ArsenalDan

Reaction score

Mike, I like really like this. It kind of gives you a boxed look however. Maybe it's the camera angle. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

This might come from the kinda padded shoulders plus maybe a slightly too-high buttoning point? I like the look overall, however. :D

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for clearing that up as I was dreaming that I'd look that good rocking something like that. I'm 6'3" and could only wish to pull a fit like that off the way you did. Well done Sir!

I am 6'2 though...

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You're very brave to post here, much braver than me. I agree with tony romo, different shirt. Nothing wrong with plain white. Also work on the tie knot!!!!
With regard to the pants.. is the suit really that expensive to get all that work done?? I hate paying for alterations...

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're very brave to post here, much braver than me. I agree with tony romo, different shirt. Nothing wrong with plain white. Also work on the tie knot!!!!
With regard to the pants.. is the suit really that expensive to get all that work done?? I hate paying for alterations...

he's stuck w/ the jacket the way it is...luckily the shoulders seem to be ok and that's most important. The pants could be trimmed up a bit and really shouldn't cost more than $40-$50 at most right? If it makes it more comfortable and more likely to feel good wearing it then it's worth it. agreed you should play around w/ different shirt/tie combos...many things will work w/ that suit as it's quite versatile.

ok.... cost...why isn't my edit function working?! :censored:

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Assuming you are standing straight, consider the following: Either the fronts need to be yanked down, or the front balance is off. As it is, the jacket looks like it's falling backwards. When a jacket rests on the shoulders, it should fall straight down. If it rides backwards, the results can include a gap in the collar, a closed front (not necessarily a bad thing), and, as the second picture shows, a skirt that flares outward (always a bad thing). That said, it could very well be your posture. In any case, I might add that the jacket shoulders fit acceptably well and the sleeve length is considerably better than many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members