• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
WTF????

I compliment the guy and then politely point out that he seems to have missed a button.

If that is regarded as an insult than I don't know what isn't.

Farewell you all. I'm off to places where people with shorter toes and longer tempers reside.

NotDickDiver

Reaction score

WTF????

I compliment the guy and then politely point out that he seems to have missed a button.

Farewell you all. I'm off to places where people with shorter toes and longer tempers reside.

Don´t be so rash. He was leaving the button undone simply to show everyone that he has a shirt with working buttons. He´s a baller. Thats all.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I appreciate all the response I got on my last post and will be taking everything in to consideration. This might be a little more mainstream for everyone.
The pants are seersucker, the shirt is white and pink stripes, and the sweater is a light merino wool vest.
Picture7.png

Picture12.png

This all seems a little incongruous.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, a sweater and seersucker just don't work together. I would never wear a sweater in the summer.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I appreciate all the response I got on my last post and will be taking everything in to consideration. This might be a little more mainstream for everyone.
The pants are seersucker, the shirt is white and pink stripes, and the sweater is a light merino wool vest.

Picture7.png

Picture12.png

Hi Southern,

You look confident and happy in this outfit +1

The shades of brown and white/cream all relate well to each other +1

Shoes look good for this fit +1

It seems odd to wear a wool sweater in this heat and particularly with seersucker -1

I imagine that up close the stripe in your shirt would look odd with the stripe in the seersucker?

I suggest that slightly narrower ties would be more appropriate for your frame.

Keep the good work - it takes time and practice to arrive at your own sense of style!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crusty, I think that's your best ever. Keep shopping at PS.

Considering the price gap between my normal addiction (Brooks Bros.) and Paul Stuart, that's like advocating that I give up marijuana for heroin. But, as they say, one bad drug leads to another :D.

Thanks for the comments, mon cher philosophe.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WTF????

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spalla - Lawyer - Achillus - DistintoSignore. Underlining constantly his being "European" and the putative differences between European and American sartorial sensibilities. Check. Pompous. Check. Being controversial. Check. Running into trouble with everybody after a handful of posts. Check. Either Dutch or Italian. Check. Smells fishy...

Unknow dude shut up, and dont involve me in too it.

Last edited:

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads