• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK...I say the competition should include:

1) Interview outfit. Who is doing the interviewing?
2) Power/ Show-off Business outfit Spoo
3) Double Breasted (Business) Matt
4) Double Breasted (Evening/ Freestyle) what's Evening Freestyle?
5) Three-piece (Business) Spoo. Matt doesn't own 3-piece
6) Three-piece (Evening/ Freestyle) what's this again?
7) Formalwear Matt
8) Sportcoat (Freestyle) Freestyle? Is this like a Fila tracksuit?
9) Golf Outfit Tie

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OK everyone, let's keep the language clean and the attitudes light.

An iBattle could be very educational if done in a friendly spirit. People get upset about perceived cliques on SF. And there are cliques in a way. But cliques are fluid. The respected old 2" cuff-wearer of today was the baggy office pants wearer of yesterday. If you guys only witnessed the old arguments between guys who now seem united...

Matt and Spoo are both good-natured guys who dress well, if in different spirits. If they agreed to highlight the contrasting approaches of their styles, perhaps along the lines McDaniels suggested, I think we'd all benefit. I know I would.

i want to be awesome like you one day mtm

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
 When I say "evening/ freestyle" I am saying you can dress without worry about whether it is office/ business appropriate...like what one would wear to suit up for an evening out. As applied to the sport coat, also saying dress it/ accessorize it without fear of business rules applying. I left out the swimsuit portion of the evening because I figured any competitors would probably be over 35....and I do not wish to be cruel...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I left out the swimsuit portion of the evening because I figured any competitors would probably be over 35....and I do not wish to be cruel...

I take back all the eBro-ness I gave you!! I am not over 35... :(

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Then either show your face or stop wearing three-piece suits... :bounce2:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Spoo it's really going to rub salt into the wound if you're close to my age. As if this site didn't make me feel behind already...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not bad at all, but could be improved easily so worth making a couple of superficial no-cost suggestions:

1) Different tie. The green is too acidic for the rest of the look. If you wanted a statement tie, a darker green would paradoxically actually have stood out more, while not overwhelming the look.
2) Top button could stand to be unbuttoned. This is purely personal preference admittedly, but I think for a fun evening out sort of look, as you're going for, you could stand to unbutton it, especially as it buttons a little high anyway.
3) Again a bit of personal preference, but next time you need to buy new shirts, try looking for ones with a higher collar, and possibly a fractionally narrower spread.
Thanks for the feedback.
okay gyasih my monitor is !! but those carmina rock - i love their new site - best shoe site on the net, cheers
I wasn't being snarky, I just am not good a describing color.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the **** is going on here lately???

Thanks for the comments today guys. This SC does not translate well in pictures, it looks much better in person.

I am thankful I have other hobbies. :facepalm:

Mike

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the **** is going on here lately???

Melaine Klein, in her breast-obssessed world (a state not entirely dissimilar to SF, although we focus on breast wallets too) would suggest that following the loss of the old SF, we're now experiencing transference rage, which we're directing towards each other.

The breast is gone, the milk has stopped flowing, the anger pours forth instead...
teacha.gif

Until the teat returns in the form of the new SF working well, we will need a substitute breast, like a child's pacifier. Feel free to nominate posters to fill this role. The first person to suggest mktitsworth gets a clip round the ear for being too obvious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads