• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Maybe that is why I hardly endorse the robopose. I usually try to pose the way I do in real life.

I know you won't be offended if I use you as an example T. Your pics in the hat contest with the red fez. In one you are standing with hands behind your back. Pose might not be the most creative but shows how well your jacket fits. In another you have both hands in both jacket pockets and it just pulls your jacket fronts all out of line. It's not about treating the jacket with delicacy or whatever, just looks off to me.

Where do I keep my stuff? What stuff?

If I don't have a jacket, phone goes in rear left trouser pocket, wallet in rear right, keys in front left, handkerchief in front right. Sunglasses on face or if indoors then in shirt front.

If I'm wearing a jacket / suit, sunglasses go in breast pocket, phone in inside pocket. Everything else the same. I don't feel a need to carry a bunch of other stuff around. Wallet is as slim as possible. Two keys on the ring for car and door. Anything else is work related so goes in briefcase. Lower jacket pockets remain unused!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

you mean i texted you the pic. lets be honest here. also, besides that i was fat cow in that pic, the fit was good. even with black tie and brown shoes.

i would amend my previous statement to the following:

no it wasnt. black tie and brown shoes dont work well together. ever. You even said so earlier today. But NOW you change your mind. noap. no sir. Brown shoes and black tie...nobody will abide.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hate all of the nonsense life forces us to carry. I don't even carry a wallet anymore. I hate bulk. I have cash in my right pant pocket, cards and ID's and such in my left. Keys in my jacket left, phone in my jacket right. Sometimes if my girlfriend wants to wear a dress or skirt with no pockets I have to carry all of her female accouterments: chap stick, cred/metro/ID, tampons, cell. Burns me the **** up.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I hate all of the nonsense life forces us to carry. I don't even carry a wallet anymore. I hate bulk. I have cash in my right pant pocket, cards and ID's and such in my left. Keys in my jacket left, phone in my jacket right. Sometimes if my girlfriend wants to wear a dress or skirt with no pockets I have to carry all of her female accouterments: chap stick, cred/metro/ID, tampons, cell. Burns me the **** up.

make sure you don't mix up the chapstick with the tampon.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have some sort of card holder for your cards, I assume? And a money clip? That's another way I've been thinking about carrying my stuff.

One of my friends says it's not very cool, but if we're in a movie and I'm not wearing a sport coat (at 112*, I won't wear any kind of sport coat) and she has her purse, I'll give her my wallet/phone/keys just so I'm not that asshat that has a cell or something that drops and hits the floor in the middle of the movie.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You have some sort of card holder for your cards, I assume? And a money clip?

Nope. Too much bulk. Loose cards on the left, loose money in the right. Also, it slows me down having to open wallets and stuff. I can even tell which card I pull out of my pocket by feel alone.

Also, I can't help but feel that anybody with a money clip looks kind of douchey.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate all of the nonsense life forces us to carry. I don't even carry a wallet anymore. I hate bulk.

+1. I can't stand having too much **** in my pockets ... traveling light.

Also, I can't help but feel that anybody with a money clip looks kind of douchey.

Aside from my dad, I don't know a single person who uses a money clip. pB are you calling my dad douchey?

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If I don't have a jacket, phone goes in rear left trouser pocket, wallet in rear right, keys in front left, handkerchief in front right. Sunglasses on face or if indoors then in shirt front.

If I'm wearing a jacket / suit, sunglasses go in breast pocket, phone in inside pocket. Everything else the same. I don't feel a need to carry a bunch of other stuff around. Wallet is as slim as possible. Two keys on the ring for car and door. Anything else is work related so goes in briefcase. Lower jacket pockets remain unused!

Do you not sit down? Give your ass (and your back) a break, friend!

My pants pockets go almost completely unused unless I happen to be carrying cash (a rare occurrence).

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You have some sort of card holder for your cards, I assume? And a money clip?

Nope. Too much bulk. Loose cards on the left, loose money in the right. Also, it slows me down having to open wallets and stuff. I can even tell which card I pull out of my pocket by feel alone.

You are going to be the most enjoyably crotchety old man, pB.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hm. I can agree on the douchey part but I think it all needs to go in something. I'm just paranoid about dropping one card and not knowing.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hm. I can agree on the douchey part but I think it all needs to go in something. I'm just paranoid about dropping one card and not knowing. 

Definitely a basis for giving advice... :D

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

pB are you calling my dad douchey?

Yes.
Do you not sit down? Give your ass (and your back) a break, friend!

My pants pockets go almost completely unused unless I happen to be carrying cash (a rare occurrence).

I get all of my trousers made without back pockets. Do they look like girl's pants? Probably, but if they don't get used I don't want them.

You are going to be the most enjoyably crotchety old man, pB.

Going to be? I already am!

I've never had an issue. Would you rather drop one card, or lose all of them at the same time?

I have recently begun to carry my insurance card. I never used to, but I fear that if I get creamed by a car, or stabbed or something the hospital would be likely to patch me up faster knowing that I have good insurance.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get all of my trousers made without back pockets. Do they look like girl's pants? Probably, but if they don't get used I don't want them.

Yeah, this is what it reminded me of.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads