• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HKflaneur - while i think butler is technically correct about the belt showing, over all i think it looks quite nice. try without the vest, and buttoning the jacket, that would be helpful to see.
nice colors. love the tie. i look forward to mine arriving soon. :)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Henry Carter & ocbd (1st fit) putting in some great looks.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

HKflaneur: on my screen that looks like a bright electric blue suit. I hope you have the commensurately edgy personality/lifestyle to pull it off!

With somewhat curved/bellied outer lapel edges, they need to fit right across the chest, especially with a DB style. This looks too narrow across the chest, causing the inner edge of the lapel to bow, which in concert with the deliberately curved outer edge, creates the optical illusion of the cloth being stretched across the chest. It's less pronounced in the 3/4 length shot than the close-up, but still present to some degree IMO. Shame, because otherwise, it looks very nice on you. Still looks good, but that detail would bug me. Mind you, it sometimes happens to me simply through carrying too much crap in my pockets, so...

Nice to see you back in the thread; been on holiday?

Mark the date in your diaries; one of the rare occasions you'll see me wearing non-black shoes with a navy suit:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very sedate, HF. i quite like it.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the thumbs and comments yesterday everyone. Something a bit new today...

Coat: Riviera
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: Henry Carter dark blue knit
Trousers: Henry Carter super dooper single pleated, side adjusted, higher rised, made in Italy mid grey flannel pre-production samples.
Shoes: Carmina burgundy derbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads