• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Claghorn, if you like the hard three, you should wear it.

Oh yeah, I definitely intend to. If had an infinite budget, I'd have the same staple jackets with a 2, 3r2 and a 3 just so I can wear what I want to suit (haha) my moods. I'm just trying to figure out if there is more than "it isn't in fashion" at play here. I get the uptightness (a nice juxtaposition with a country jacket imo). With bigger knots or wider ties, it'll diminish the presence of the shirt. Shorter or stouter people it'll look awkward because of all the cloth.

Basically, I get the subjective preference against it. Is their an "objective" (a la Foo) objection to it (other than those above)?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Claghorn, if you like the hard three, you should wear it.

clags is indeed known to like the hard 3.

Why does Vox always look like he is standing at attention????? Dude, relax...enjoy your clothing.

lol, i always assumed it was just for the pics, to present the maximum amount of proper fit possible.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
clags is indeed known to like the hard 3.
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
^ Love it.

SeamasterLux - that suiting is great.

Like this A LOT! I didn't pay attetion to the tie and the shirt, cause the suit is awesome.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Solid notch in that lapel. What are the measurements?

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it
bigstar[1].gif

I received the suit yesterday and was very pleased. I had asked for a copy of a Corneliani suit except for the lapel and notch that are inspired from the measurements of a David Diagne MTM suit (9cm width and small-angle-notch inspired by CAMPS)

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think I must be feeling rebellious today. Hard three as well as a white shirt with a very country jacket.
boxing[1].gif

Claghorn considering everyone and their monkey has so much to say, I thought I would too, so....

IMHO This particular jacket looks much better with both buttons fastened than it would with just the middle one. If both are buttoned it portrays the idea of intention, with middle only it would look more like exasperation or can't be bothered, or don't care. Three buttons done, little miss priss.

IMHO Pocket Square, I would have gone with white linen with orange or brown edging, edges up and out.

IMHO Tie, whatever knot, but that knot to have more heft, slightly wider tie would have been better. Wider tie would of course also give the knot more length.

Example of tie knot. I am sure OP will not mind.

Example of PS fold.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice, Kent. Is that the unstructured shoulder?
Soft.

Kent Wang, I hope you are wearing Kent Wang socks...
Of course, and Kent Wang boxers. But I didn't list them since they are not shown.

I think the biggest issue is simply that the buttoning point is too high. The 3Bs that HRH and Vox are wearing would look alright with the top buttoned, but your buttoning point is at least an inch higher than those. So regardless if you button yours or not, it looks unflattering since it makes the lapel too short and it looks like your torso is wrapped up like a sausage.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wearing jeans with a tie...(maybe not a good idea) but I already felt overdressed for the library even in the uppity west side suburbs of Detroit. I was going to wear a green and burgundy small print paisley silk square but chickened out...

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can´t decode whether I like the tie or not. It´s a kind of raw silk with a rough texture. Let me have your thoughts. Andreas
I really like this tie. And, I think it would work, beautifully, with a dark navy blazer or suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads