1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can agree on this

2. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Took these during lunch on Tuesday...
    Keeping things somewhat simple as usual..

In my stitchy pose..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the horrible dark shot..shot in my office at home away from my actual office..working a late night to get stuff done..
    [​IMG]

Suit: Canali

Shirt: Canali

Tie: Canali

Shoes: Cordwainers

Watch: Tag Heuer Carrera Heritage (Should have taken closer up pics of the watch)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    13 people like this.
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

^^ nice pose indeed!! from afar i really quite like it, from close up the shirt and suit micro stripes seems a tad close in scale, together with the small dot pattern. ymmv. ^^
    yes, i thought you might say that. first off, thanks for the kind feedback, i know we have had our words to each other before, and its nice to talk with civility you as$hoal! jkjk you do bring up a fair point, so i will address it, and it will lead me into my 3rd point of the day. when i made my posts and referenced myself, i was not talking about the fits you are thinking of, but the fits previous to them. maybe a dozen before i realized i just looked dumb. i think of some of them and i still cringe. it was those initial fits i was talking about. that at the time i thought they were brilliant, and soon realized they were garbage. jackets too big, sleeves and hems too long, senseless color and texture combinations, white shirts with everything, outdated lapels and other details from items that i bought on the cheap from ebay for one reason or another.... and it was not a big leap to see the other posts here and realize that i had a lot of catching up to do. i think many people who care about clothing have the following thought/fantasy when they find SF: wow! i love style, ill post my stylez here and people will love me and worship my mad skillzzz!! ZOOOOOMGG!!1111!!!! and for the most part that sentiment is quickly crushed, and the only question that remains is what the subsequent reaction will be. leave, stay and stay the same, stay and change..... the posts you were talking about were i guess my second and third stage (i would guess im in a 5th stage at present). at that time i think a lot of my items were really good, and i still have a lot of them. my weight was definitely an issue, but i think the biggest issue was my photography. while some of the issues you mentioned were definitely right, i still maintain that a lot of the things i said in response were true. but what i learned from that, and subsequently made efforts to change, was my photography. its another harsh reality, but it is a reality. it does not matter how good you actually look. it matters only how good you look in the picture you post. and no matter how many times you try and explain yourself, you are just talking to a wall. because fit pics are visual, not essays. and once again, a person can endeavor to change, or stick to their guns and keep hearing the same feedback and pushing it away. here are some examples: i was taking pics inside, never using natural light. fail. i first was propping up my phone on the porch steps. that was a failure. so i got my daughter to take the pics. but she was too short and the angle was bad. so i got my wife to take pics. but i was standing in a stupid unnatural way and i wasnt properly taking into account where to stand in relation to the sun. then i changed the angle i stood at, changed my pose, had my wife stand in a different spot to adjust for angle towards me and to account for the sun and lighting. and i found the best spot for taking a chest shot properly and the same for a socks/shoes shot. then i learned how to adjust color, contrast, saturation and balance in PB to properly reflect how things actually look, as best as possible. on top of that, i have my wife snap up to 20 pics, and i choose the best one or two, and edit those if needed, and then post. and sometimes none if they all suck. it sounds like a lot, and its probably now 10-20 minutes of my time in total to get a fit pic. and i do it at night so my fits are usually a day delayed. but if you want a fit pic to be optimal, imo, you need to either dedicate time to it, or hire a professional photographer. its not easy, and i understand the push-back of, "no trust me, it looks way better irl," i did it myself many times. but the reality is, its meaningless. as the age old adage goes, pics or GTFO. lastly, regarding this comment of yours: "That's not to say we should all slavishly follow every criticism that comes our way" that is also true. despite everything i have said, one does need to have backbone. many times, things are ok even if some people dont like them. and that is usually noted when a fit gets mixed reactions. you can almost never appease everyone, and in cases like those, if you really like it, and there is good reason to say that the fit is fine, there is no reason to give in and give up on a fit. just accept that some like it some dont, and be happy if you are in the camp that like it. it requires intellectual honesty, but if you are being honest with yourself then its important not to be a flip flopper, caving to every nuanced nit pick from every angle.
    thanks!!! i really think ians idea was good, and that is a pics only WAYWRN, like they have in SWD. if you just want to show your stuff, you can post there. if you get a ton of thumbs, you know people are digging it, and if you get zero or just a few, you can be confident that you are posting solely for the benefit of making yourself smile because your picture is on the internet. im not sure if its too late for that to actually happen successfully, but the concept is a good one. one final thing is, a lot of people say they want feedback, but then when they see what the feedback is, their tune changes. so they pic only thread might never gather steam. either way, its a good idea in my book, its just a matter of proper execution.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have no admirers

1 person likes this.
  5. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

Maybe a WAYWRN pic only thread as the "main" thread and a WAYWRN feedback thread to xpost into for those seriously seeking feedback, both with the same "read this" disclaimer and some thread policing?

2 people like this.
  6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Since I don't have a 'real' camera (this is my old P&S) and the lighting is gone for the day, here's an indoor/outdoor, stitchy-style (means no PS, even though I know a white one would be 'correct' but no PS may be OK in real life).

New acquisitions:

Luxire Linen/Cotton Shirt
    Panta Raw Silk Grenadine
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too much blue? Too many patterns?

7 people like this.
  7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Brunello Cucinelli SC
    Finamore shirt
    Exquisite Trimmings tie
    Moschino camouflage PS
    Creed Royal Scottish Lavender
    Ike Behar belt
    Panta cigar linen trou
    Corthay "Jouvet"

10 people like this.
  8. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Looking great Spoo.

way to over-shadow me asshole.

9. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

I'm certainly no expert but I like it. I like the mixture of patterns and textures.

1 person likes this.
  10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

Thanks bro!
    suck it

2 people like this.
  11. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Smelling good too :)

12. SpooPoker

Pandy, miss you broseph. Its like its 2010 all over again right now.

1 person likes this.
  13. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

You too mang...glad to see you're still killin' it 'round here :slayer:
    Now all we need is Voxy to rear his lovely head and all will be complete!

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Jester, I like that SC.

Spoo, I love those pants, nice!

1 person likes this.
  15. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Chocosa looking great
    Mr Jester I like that combo- square it up with plain white linen?

BB Fitzgerald Plaid SC- in the Saxxon wool, feels mebe a little bit smoother, not sure
    Drakes ancient madder tie and Rubi square
    Marcoliani &
    Vass- U last with the U cap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Fantastic fit you've got there, sir. Especially the shoes and SC.

I will one day acquire a white linen PS. It's one of those staples I never seem to remember to get. I can't get one local so it must be online. And I refuse to order just the white linen PS, so it needs to come with like a sport coat, some ties, etc.

17. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

18. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

How are you liking that Panta raw silk grenadine? I need a few more ties so I was thinking of picking up one of those, maybe the navy pindot.

19. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

He likes. [​IMG]

20. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Don't think. Just do.

Posted about it in the recently purchases thread. Have a look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.