• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was out in the morning and afternoon in "Morning Dress". In the evening I just threw on a camel coat and scarf . I broke the rules and hid the evidence with outerwear.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6 1/4" inch tall Bell Crown Dunlap & Co "Extra Quality" Top Hat Circa (1895-1905)
Ralph Lauren Purple Label Camel Hair Double Breasted Overcoat with ticket pocket (Modern)
1930's British manufactured heavy wool Morning Coat
White Silk Scarf (modern)
1920's Ivory colored Double Breasted Waistcoat (Linen)
Gieves & Hawkes light blue shirt with white detachable collar and cuff (Modern)
1930's Mother of pearl Cufflinks
Magnanni Oxford dress shoes (modern)

**** me, that looks too cool. Where do you live?

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

^ Nice!
Hey Tirailleur,
I will also be transferring to West Africa mid next year?
How do you find wearing suits in 27-30C (80F) weather?
OT Question, how does cashmere clothing fare in the aforementioned weather situations?

You can get away with wearing suits in this weather depwnding on the suit. I really only wear suits while im in Nigeria and it is always by choice. I just make sure they are slightly lined and areof the cotton/linen/wool blend variety. Native clothing is cool, I just like my folds on my ties instead of my agbada

Albert Hal

Reaction score
We call them golf trousers in Sweden. They are surprisingly comfortable.. And fun.

Last edited:

codeman92190

Reaction score
This seems like an appropriate time (other than being about 6 months late) to post this horrible picture of when I ran into Tibor at a bar in San Diego. Internet fame at it's best when I come running up to you asking for a picture.

Very nice guy in real life.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thanks....also, thanks for saying you didnt know when i asked you in an email last week ya lazy ******. ;)

my pleasure. lol, yeah, i wasnt 100% sure at the time, and i was 100% too lazy to verify what i thought was the case. today i remedied that.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We call them golf trousers in Sweden. They are surprisingly comfortable.. And fun.
Shouldn't they be worn only on the golf course then? Or they could be worn in general also (like the city?)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Please explain to me why I can see the outline of pinky and ball pushed out of the natural lines of the shoe silhouette on both feet.
Imo this should not be the case in a well fitting pair of shoes.
Might be the shoe is too loose in the instep or heel but your forefoot seems very wide, too wide for the last the shoe is made on.

there is a very simple explanation. because of the way i leaned forward for the pic, my feet are pushed far forward into the shoe. look at the heel gap. when standing normally they fit quite well, but with my feet crammed forward like that, they look too snug in the front and too loose in the back.

:teach:

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, thank you, Tibor, for keeping the boundaries of what may be posted here wide. Your attire may be "costume-y" to some, but it makes sense to you, you wear it with some sense of authority, and it is always of interest.

In comparison, what I'm posting today pales . . .

Something more formal and somber for today, as I've got to attend a funeral this morning, before heading to the office. I am sure that what I'm wearing probably violates many "rules" of proper attire for a funeral, but I am sure that the aggrieved will be more interested in my presence at proceedings than what I am wearing.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
Watch chain - vintage
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads