• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FillW

Reaction score
Fred Astaire in You'll Never Get Rich, 1941 (from Wikipedia)

Thank you FillW for an interesting link about button hole flowers and boutonnieres. But my primary question remains. How can I fasten a carnation as Fred Astaire did, pointing forward. Anyone that knows - or is it a forgotten knowledge?

I was going to try wearing a Blue Cornflower because we had them all over the place this summer but I never got around to getting my tailor to put the loop on my sport coats.

I should try that next to see the reaction I get. Haven't dressed up in over two months (bills etc.). I might see if the local florists have carnations this time of the year.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred another great fit! Just wondering tho'.... why is there an "EXIT" sign in your place? Is this decorative or functional? :D

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I like your cufflinks, most unusual. If you have some time, I wonder if you would care to take a pic of them on their own for me. Thanks

From Brooks Brothers

roomiller

Reaction score
So I've been stalking this thread for longer than I care to admit, observing(and admiring!) how you guys dress. It was getting to the point where I was feeling borderline creepy having never posted, so I figured Id say Hi and introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I just graduated from villanova and Ive been trying to mimic you guys for a while now. My closet isnt a sartorial wonderland like yours' are, but hopefully Ill get there eventually.

I just picked up a new light grey suit jacket and 3/4 coat so I was wondering what you guys thought. I didnt feel like taking out the dslr, so these are just ****** iphone pictures for now.

Im going to have the waist taken in on the jacket a little bit, and i think the sleeves of the coat lengthened slightly. Also disclaimer: these are from my sisters room.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Vintage donegaly pick and picky cashmere SC
Finamore
Ralph Lauren check tie
Bergdorf Goodman madder square
Brunello Cucinelli ivory flannel pents
Crockett & Jones "Edgware"
Odin No. 3

Last edited:

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So I've been stalking this thread for longer than I care to admit, observing(and admiring!) how you guys dress. It was getting to the point where I was feeling borderline creepy having never posted, so I figured Id say Hi and introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I just graduated from villanova and Ive been trying to mimic you guys for a while now. My closet isnt a sartorial wonderland like yours' are, but hopefully Ill get there eventually.

I just picked up a new light grey suit jacket and 3/4 coat so I was wondering what you guys thought. I didnt feel like taking out the dslr, so these are just ****** iphone pictures for now.

Im going to have the waist taken in on the jacket a little bit, and i think the sleeves of the coat lengthened slightly. Also disclaimer: these are from my sisters room.
It's hard to see properly with these pics, but you looking pretty smart there Mister. SC looks a little short - is it a long or regular. shoulder looks good on the SC. A good closeup of your collar and tie would be good too.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's hard to see properly with these pics, but you looking pretty smart there Mister. SC looks a little short - is it a long or regular. shoulder looks good on the SC. A good closeup of your collar and tie would be good too.

Definitely agree. This looks quite good from what I can see, minor quibbles aside (tad short, but nothing to worry about... Sleeves a tad short as well, and I'd nip the waist in a smidge).

n00bs take note, this is how to lurk and figure out how things should fit before starting 10 threads asking how your oversized JAB suits fit :nodding:

roomiller

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. The sc is a long but Im also 6'6"-7" so sometimes proper length can get tricky. DSLR pictures are forthcoming but the post needs to be approved by a moderator.

Also spoo, that tie is magisterial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads