• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a bow tie. I think you'd look good in one. Has to be the right one though.

Might do. I was also hesitant to ultra-high rise, full cut pants (up to the waist button on the jacket, oldog/oldtrix style) and now that I've tried them I can't think of wearing anything else - maybe same thing will happen with bow ties
lol8[1].gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think I've seen it a few times before, but I absolutely love that shirt. Deets? 

Thank you. ModernTailor.com's first-time buyer special. I would have the collar made with longer points, but I still like the shirt.

Spoo, I love the first picture.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vintage donegaly pick and picky cashmere SC
Finamore
Ralph Lauren check tie
Bergdorf Goodman madder square
Brunello Cucinelli ivory flannel pents
Crockett & Jones "Edgware"
Odin No. 3

I rarely comment on fits here (as I'm still learning, I have little to offer), but this has to be one of recent faves, and what I set out (in vain) to do every time I reach for tweed. That tie is unbelievably awesome.

Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vintage donegaly pick and picky cashmere SC
Finamore
Ralph Lauren check tie
Bergdorf Goodman madder square
Brunello Cucinelli ivory flannel pents
Crockett & Jones "Edgware"
Odin No. 3

I was thinking of buying the Edgware, but then I forgot about them. They look good though.

Franky27

Reaction score
Spoo

Drooling over that tie like everyone else. Can you give us more details on the tie ? RL Purple label ? How old is it ?
Looking through the web trying to locate a similar one.

m0bbie

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

So I changed the shirt color to white, as advised, and I think it contrasts better. What do you gens think?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Where did you find that TF tie in blue?

I rarely comment on fits here (as I'm still learning, I have little to offer), but this has to be one of recent faves, and what I set out (in vain) to do every time I reach for tweed. That tie is unbelievably awesome.

Thank you, mang!

I was thinking of buying the Edgware, but then I forgot about them. They look good though.

Yeah? Thanks. They are a bit shot, one of my oldest shoes. I just got a new one today actually to replace it.

Spoo
Drooling over that tie like everyone else. Can you give us more details on the tie ? RL Purple label ? How old is it ?
Looking through the web trying to locate a similar one.

I do dig this tie myself. Its Polo RL, got it for $25 at C21 over the summer.

Last edited:

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, test fitting for the big Firm Christmas Party tomorrow. Yeah, as the grin indicates...I have been drinking. LOL

Rock on,

Mike

Oh, Polo velvet smoking jacket, Polo shirt, Polo flannel Tuxedo pants, Canali cummerbund, Ferragamo patent leather slips and a Brioni for Barney's tie.

Last edited:

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike, good to have you. Shall I call Reevolving for old times sake?

Only if he is down for an old school fit battle. :slayer:

I still pop in, you know...but I am busy with other stuff. It is racing season down here.

Mike

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, no need to discuss much of your outfit, all of the important pieces are spot on as usual.
One item which I repeatedly notice as not living up to the high standards of the rest are your belts.
Of course I cannot comment on the quality of leather but I tend to dislike their buckels.
Neither the matt finishing nor the thick cross-beam do anything for me.

As others have mentioned todays SC and tie are especially great.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last day of the conference. A stiff pose for a stiff day. And now for a stiff
snork[1].gif

(I'm absolutely as exhausted as I look in that picture)

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo, no need to discuss much of your outfit, all of the important pieces are spot on as usual.
One item which I repeatedly notice as not living up to the high standards of the rest are your belts.
Of course I cannot comment on the quality of leather but I tend to dislike their buckels.
Neither the matt finishing nor the thick cross-beam do anything for me.
As others have mentioned todays SC and tie are especially great.

I appreciate that. I dont get into too much minutia like the matte or shiny belt buckle thing, Im not that nitpicky. I barely match my belt to my shoes most days. In this outfit though, I think if you are the type of person who looks at the tone of metal in context to the outfit it works - the flannel, tweed, dry shirt, textured tie, and madder PS are all dry fabrics, not glossy, and would command a matte metal to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads