• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't dig the shoes but everything else :slayer: lead the way maestro.
This might be my last post before heading back to the drawing board, I have plans for more trouser with shorter rise and a small leg opening as well as a grey three piece suit.
If anything I post will be SF approved this is it. Featuring grey wool trouser with.... the dreaded slight break:
IMG_38111.jpg

IMG_38101.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

night and day difference, just out of curiousity why are you so opposed to socks?

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
ok, there's still a lot of improvement for e.g. victor, whom you mentioned in your former statement, doing it well.
besides victor- sorry for picking him out, but he's exemplary for dressing well and not congruent with the wheels(shoes) - there are a few phenomens i monitored on sf, mostly exclusive to muricans, anyway.
-people tend to micromanage their clothes and think their choice of shoes can be let to groupthink.
-muricans are afraid of sizing. actually one size up is three millimeters in length or width. actually this can be all or nothing. get aware of it.
-considering that people have different foot shapes due dilligence is of advantage. this is a learning process. see micromanaging above.
no need to enhance the basic understanding of feet against shoes at this point.
taking victor as role model.
point of departure: small and wide feet.
he favors short and wide lasts. c&j and trickers caters him.
i assume fit is good. no creasing and other visible parameters.
where's the improvement?
imo and from a subjective point of view, the proband is building his wardrobe around his body(shape) with exceedingly carefulness to fit and appearance. on the other hand, the choice of shoes is a mixture of brand slavery and lack of attention, imo.
he walks in his shoes, not me.
he claims to be fussy with proportions, not me.
discuss.

I do not agree!

My height is 182 cm, foot size 9 - 9,5 F (uk) or 9,5-10,5 D (E) (usa)

Also as an athlete, and quite massive. The size of the chest I have about 56, while the hoist about 46-48 size. Hips are also massive, roughly the size of 52-54.

If I wear long boots - it will look very ugly.

For my body fit a broad and massive shoes and a short and rounded toe.

If I wear long shoes, I would like a skier to ski.
biggrin.gif

I wear marks: C & J, Edward Green, John Lobb, Vass, Berluti, Trickers, Church's. And also a bit Cheany, Santoni, Fratelli Rosetti, Barker and others.

But I choose not only a broad and long model (What is a classic of the last century, 20-30)

In my park, about 100 pairs of shoes. But they are not long. I carefully study the range of all the shoe companies and choose only a shoe.

This is my choice - because it's a classic.

This is my choice - because it suits me for my complexion.

This is my choice - because long shoes - it's time error that has no relation to the classics.

This is my choice - because - it is correct.

One small example:

Everybody knows Arnold Schwarzenegger?

I am very far from it. He is more my size is 3 times! But in some ways similar to my figure to figure.

YOU can submit it in long boots?

That would be awful! (Cowboy boots do not take into account)

He always wears a massive, broad and short boots, because it makes him appear balanced.

For his torso - need solid foundation. Otherwise, get a giant in the glinyannymi feet.

So here goes:

I'm doing the same.

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My outfit of the day... Thoughts?

Hmm... Shirt itself is ok, sort of, a bit wide on the shoulder. sleeves a bit long (from what i can see) and also crinkling below and around the elbow. But the collar is really bad. Low, all soft and crinkly, the sides seem to be 'spreading' outwards across your shoulders instead of 'standing' nearly vertically. It looks as though the tie knot is sitting on the shirt front and the collar is 'rolling' over the top of of the knot.

The trousers, you would have to stand straight to see if there is much break below the cheeks, and the drape of the legs.

But I am sure there are other guys much more qualified than me to tell you what they think as well.

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I thought of using the word conservative, but it's not actually that specifically which I like/noticed. It's more that within a (fairly) conservative range, you're now picking outfits that add weight (not physically, more like gravitas). It's possible to dress perfectly conservatively and still look light-hearted and jolly. Your look opts for a more "stately" approach, which I think becomes you.

Holdfast, the trousers are light blue. The SC has the same blue running throughout the checks. I think it works/I like it, but I might consider white!
smile.gif

Light blue works perfectly fine IMO (though I think cream would still be more ideal). I thought they might be pale lilac, and that was what I was on the fence about.

Busy - in a good way - day...

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This isn't Sir F.
I, along with many other SFers think that you should try and come across a little less blunt when ur trying to describe or insult another males human body figure. Unless of course it's that important to you how other men's body's are built...

JJ, snoogz = sir f
clearly, he is ashamed. he hasnt posted since being called out after the post you quoted.
maybe his next return will be more clandestine.

Waited a couple few weeks, have we?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads