HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acecow

acecow Senior member

[​IMG]

Jacket : Thom Browne
    Tee : Uniqlo
    Jeans : Cloak
    Shoes: Margiela

So, that T-shirt and jeans probably cost more than some of my suits, but they still look like a t-shirt and jeans that every other guy in the grocery store wears. The jacket fits you nice, but that's about it. I'm not trying to offend you, but to rather understand the appeal of this. It seems rather bland and unoriginal to me.

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

So, that T-shirt and jeans probably cost more than some of my suits, but they still look like a t-shirt and jeans that every other guy in the grocery store wears. The jacket fits you nice, but that's about it. I'm not trying to offend you, but to rather understand the appeal of this. It seems rather bland and unoriginal to me.

Tee is Uniqlo and costs $5, its quality is to be generic, I mainly wear white dress shirts in unremarkable fabric for the same reason; it has to function as a background and a base for an outfit. The jeans aren't like what every dude wears though; they have alternative shades of black herringbone denim as "stripes", the top block is squarer, pockets have an odd shape and they're quite slim.

Most days my style is a variation on the pretty generic uniform of: white tees, black or grey jeans, white sneakers, grey or black sportcoat.

3. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Is that the Kent Wang cornflower blue pocket square?

No, just an old bandanna I cut down.

4. barims

barims Senior member

Although I don't wear jeans, I can appreciate that there are degrees of fit and construction that make some makes more desirable than others. Not unlike tailored clothing, incidentally Secondly, there is nothing wrong with a simple look executed well and infused with a slouchy, slightly disreputable personality (surely something a man with a Nick Cave(?) avatar could appreciate). And that is what Fuuma Fellow has done Besides, at least he doesn't look like this: [​IMG]

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Holdfast - is that an Ede suit? I've been on a big hunt for exactly that. Looks great..especially sans the flower. Barima - you get your shoes mate? In the meantime, tell me about the blue suedes in that pic. Hawt. Orgetorix - I'm going to lobby for your custom title to be "thriftmaster general" [​IMG] I like that "square" a lot.

6. barims

barims Senior member

Spoo, you know them well - those are the Lobbs again (what a great shoe navy suede would make, though). I'm still awaiting the McAfees, but I don't expect them to take too long

7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

The imageshack does not show up for me, but you always look good.
    I wear a tee and sportcoat sometimes, but designer cut is better than old man cut in this mode.

8. acecow

acecow Senior member

Tee is Uniqlo and costs $5, its quality is to be generic, I mainly wear white dress shirts in unremarkable fabric for the same reason; it has to function as a background and a base for an outfit. The jeans aren’t like what every dude wears though; they have alternative shades of black herringbone denim as “stripes”, the top block is squarer, pockets have an odd shape and they’re quite slim. Most days my style is a variation on the pretty generic uniform of: white tees, black or grey jeans, white sneakers, grey or black sportcoat.
    I suppose just like MC, you need to know where to look to actually see it. All I see are gray jeans and a white v-neck. Still, you look good and the jeans fit you remarkably well.
    Although I don't wear jeans, I can appreciate that there are degrees of fit and construction that make some makes more desirable than others. Not unlike tailored clothing, incidentally Secondly, there is nothing wrong with a simple look executed well and infused with a slouchy, slightly disreputable personality (surely something a man with a Nick Cave(?) avatar could appreciate). And that is what Fuuma Fellow has done
    It seems to me that the SW&D crowd dresses like that most of the time, hence my question. Of course, there is nothing wrong with a basic, simple, clean and elegant look like his. I was just wondering what thought and details go into their fits and how do they keep it interesting while doing the same thing over and over again. Fuuma's answer was pretty informative. P.S. Yes, that is Nick Cave. Do you like his work, too?

9. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

A rare lighter-suit day. Lately, when I have to wear one, a dark one is usually required. [​IMG] [​IMG] Still working on photography skills. This tie is hard to shoot without a strobe-like effect. Think I way overdid the white- balance correction in the first pic too. Stripes are also more subtle IRL.

10. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Orgetorix - I'm going to lobby for your custom title to be "thriftmaster general" [​IMG] I like that "square" a lot.

[​IMG] That would be fantastic.

11. MrChris

MrChris Senior member

12. Hannes

Hannes Senior member

Thanks. They are Vass loafers. I was trying to sell them earlier, but, I guess, the price was too high. Ended up stretching them and now they fit just fine:
    Thanks, those are lovely!

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I suppose just like MC, you need to know where to look to actually see it. All I see are gray jeans and a white v-neck. Still, you look good and the jeans fit you remarkably well.

It seems to me that the SW&D crowd dresses like that most of the time, hence my question. Of course, there is nothing wrong with a basic, simple, clean and elegant look like his. I was just wondering what thought and details go into their fits and how do they keep it interesting while doing the same thing over and over again. Fuuma's answer was pretty informative.

P.S. Yes, that is Nick Cave. Do you like his work, too?

I don't think you can use my style or motivation for dressing as illustrative of SWD as a whole.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

I miss Cloak.

15. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

I don't think you can use my style or motivation for dressing as illustrative of SWD as a whole.

SWD assahole? [​IMG]

Kidding aside - well stated.... I think you fall into a category that is not necessarily represented in these Forae - that is of a SWD/High fashion/Anti fashion/Punk/ aesthetic that is not approval oriented or necessarily identifiable.
    That being said, the average onlooker here would guess you to be SWD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.