Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.
That my friend, sure as hell does not look bespoke.
You will get a lot of nitpickery coming up, but from a general perspective, I think it looks pretty good on you.
It's not bad, CDH. What was the controversy over in SW&D?
Did not like until saw the "walking" "action" shot. As Spoo said, looks pretty good.
a) Some people (incorrectly) thought I was presenting it as the epitome of a perfect suit, which created backlash against the supposed snobbery;
b) gdl and a couple of other users pointed out the flaws, and;
c) the other denizens of SW&D don't really like me, so I had negative bias working against me from the get-go.
I actually did a little self-critique of the flaws I see in the suit and the things I plan to change for the next suit:
2. The suit looks different (better) IRL than in photos, obviously.
3. The button stance is exactly centered between the bottom of my ribcage and the top of my hip bone. The reason the button stance looks off is because the jacket is too short - something that I had already planned to change on my next bespoke.
4. The back is messy because a) I had the jacket cut too close too my body (something I plan to change next time around)(this is a problem because I have a pronounced arch to my back), and b) I asked for extra room at the shoulder blades to allow me to pay the piano more comfortably.
5. The sleeves were made longer than normal to balance the short jacket length.
6. The sleeves are too slim from the elbow down, which is my own fault (I won't repeat this mistake).
7. The arm holes are actually cut pretty high.
EDIT: also, it cost only 2k, which is not exorbitant considering that it's fully bespoken.
Not going to nip pick the obvious, just in general it looks decent.
Woah, I saw the SW&D responses. Holy fucking shit. What they hell are they thinking?
It looks good man.
I'd just go for a different tie and shoes. And, of course, shorten the sleeves.
A rare post from me. As I now have a decent tripod, I may post more often.
Spoiler: Warning: Spoiler!
It actually looks pretty good except for the button stance which you have addressed as well as the sleeve length.
The jacket length is actually alright, it covers your rear but most importantly, it looks balanced and proportionate. The only issue I have though is the sleeve pitch, may want to address that with your next commission.
im not even gonna look. that place scares me.
So, SWD bashed your mediocre $2000 suit that you had to come to MC to get approval and complain about all the big bad meanis over there?
It wouldn´t matter if it was 150% bespoke, paying 2k for something that looks like that is like flushing money down the toilet.
^^ pff I don't know what you're talking about. Wear it in good health CDHagg.
How do these vintage pieces look?
people below a certain age threshold should not be wearing three piece suits. in my opinion.
in addition try to match the lapel width your tie width.
@CDHagg, your suit looks fine. how many fittings did you have by your tailor? those sleeves and the yoke (you said you need the extra room when singing) look like something indochino MTM would have produced but maybe the fabric justifies the 2k.
In my opinion it is not that wise to go bespoke at such a young age, since your body will change. I think you would have gotten more for your money if you went with RLBL and took it to an alterationist.
Separate names with a comma.