• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubes41

Reaction score

It looks pretty well sorted for a second post. Very good.
Your collar could easily be a size or two smaller and adding a pocket square would complete the outfit.

Thankyou for your kind words sir.
I suspect the collar may have been undone as it was hot this day.
I will have to confirm the fit next time I wear that shirt.

In regards to the pocket square, it is on my to-buy list :)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is that smoked MoP buttons on the white shirt?

Yes.

Quote:
Except that black is the correct colour to wear with a navy blue suit. And by correct, I mean British. ;)

This is true, however my suit is a few shades lighter than navy. Almost royal blue.

Suit looks, great PB, and that's a lovely fabric. Mind sharing the cloth?
NYR, the jacket is great and so are the pants, but not together. The colors seem off. Could be the lighting, of course. Do you have a dark brown or dark green SC?

Thanks! It is a Carlo Barbera for H. Lesser. Probably around 11oz. Feels like cashmere, priced just like it.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post_fullength-2.jpg
post_desk-6.jpg
post_closeup-6.jpg
post_shoes-6.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Happy monday" Trying to introject some color on a crappy snowy day. Sorry for poor lighting...
Sportcoat is a brown donegal w/ flecks of orange and blue.

Photo on 2012-01-30 at 07.21 by citan1145, on Flickr

Photo on 2012-01-30 at 07.22 by citan1145, on Flickr
I like this very much. Especially, the way the orange and blue in the tie picks up the matching color from the coat. Good use of a "cardi". Nice silhouette to the coat.

Artigas

Reaction score

And is that a piece of burlap in your pocket?

It's a sock.

But in all seriousness, really like this, NYR. You're an inspiration, and I don't just mean to your students. :inlove:

Citan1145, too--always very nice waist suppression.

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice to see maomao posting over the weekend, and looking pretty damn cool too.

olddog looking excellent too. Great suit, well-matched.

Great fitting suit; is this the new one we got a preview of the other day? Nice work. My personal feeling is that the jacket would be nicer with a little more length, but you all know my feelings on jacket length by now. Probably the bright sunshine, but I think the tie could afford to be a shade or two darker for the look as well.

Great top half. Trousers do not work with it at all. Not saying they're bad in and of themselves, but definitely not working in this particular fit.

In hindsight, too much blue today, but eh, I do that sometimes (there's also a blue cast to the entire photo, which makes it more obvious)... shirt is a graph/microcheck, by the way, pic's not showing that clearly.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the love, holdfast. Yes, the tie is actually darker than photographed.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

am not too sure if a brown pair of shoes wouldn't be better suited... ... just something to consider.

no, not a good idea, imo. btw, those are black&burgundy.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright. Round 5 of wannabe's sartorial success.
This time, I wore the same tie and PS as I did in the previous round, which can be seen here:
[/spoiler]
WAYWT129121.jpg

WAYWT129122.jpg

I went with a blue shirt this time, and I feel that it worked out for the better.
navy blue with orange/light blue pinstripe suit.
light blue shirt.
.75" red/navy/white striped tie.
burgundy polka dot PS.
silver skagen.
brown quarter brogues.
The suit is actually about 0.5" longer than in the picture (I was standing weird), and I think that does the trick to make the suit "slightly short" rather than "way too short". On other note, I definitely think that I've nailed down my pants fit based on comments from the previous rounds.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

I'm guessing you work as some type of analyst in SF. I do as well so I think we're dressing for the same type of work environment. I still have a lot to learn so you can take my advice for what you think it's worth.

That being said, I think that your suit is too slim in the sleeves, the waist, and the legs. It looks tight and bunched up. You look tensed up rather than comfortable.
You shouldn't be wearing three-button or three-piece suits and you definitely shouldn't be wearing pocket squares.

Why does it look like you cut an outline of your body from a different picture and pasted it onto a different background?

edit: I didn't realize that other people had already replied so this is probably redundant.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Greetings from sunny Costa Rica! I got to break out this tie which had been waiting for spring to return to San Francisco.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Costa Rica is so amazing. I vacationed in Tamarindo before there were paved roads and tons of hotels. Very charming country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads