• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright. Round 5 of wannabe's sartorial success.
This time, I wore the same tie and PS as I did in the previous round, which can be seen here:
[/spoiler]
WAYWT129121.jpg

WAYWT129122.jpg

I went with a blue shirt this time, and I feel that it worked out for the better.
navy blue with orange/light blue pinstripe suit.
light blue shirt.
.75" red/navy/white striped tie.
burgundy polka dot PS.
silver skagen.
brown quarter brogues.
The suit is actually about 0.5" longer than in the picture (I was standing weird), and I think that does the trick to make the suit "slightly short" rather than "way too short". On other note, I definitely think that I've nailed down my pants fit based on comments from the previous rounds.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Dear Wannabe

To paraphrase the words of my friend, Ethan Newton, ex of Herringbone Sydney and P Johnson Tailors, and currently of The Armoury, Hong Kong, first concentrate on fit, fit and fit... and then only should you consider such pleasant abstractions as colour, texture, pattern, the use of accessories etc...

In my opinion, that suit does not fit well at all. Your gray 3-piece was a step in the right direction as regards fit; conversely, this seems to be a distinct step backwards and into the whole 'my suit is too tight' quagmire.

Not trying to be nasty here, mate. Just calling it as I see it.

Fit, fit, fit... then everything else.

Have a good one
CEP

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember it differently, but I'm too lazy to go back and look. I recall that after several pages of accusations and threats, Kevin and Victor eventually came to terms with each other and each one continued posting for a while. Then Victor disappeared, and after that, Kevin, too.
Perhaps they burned too bright for this world.

I did not know that, I hope it is so!

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright. Round 5 of wannabe's sartorial success.
This time, I wore the same tie and PS as I did in the previous round, which can be seen here:

WAYWT129121.jpg

WAYWT129122.jpg

I went with a blue shirt this time, and I feel that it worked out for the better.
navy blue with orange/light blue pinstripe suit.
light blue shirt.
.75" red/navy/white striped tie.
burgundy polka dot PS.
silver skagen.
brown quarter brogues.
The suit is actually about 0.5" longer than in the picture (I was standing weird), and I think that does the trick to make the suit "slightly short" rather than "way too short". On other note, I definitely think that I've nailed down my pants fit based on comments from the previous rounds.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

I'm not an expert but.

need wider shoulder
Sleeve too slim
Jacket not showing a waist suspension
2 button will look better

You (arm) need to relax then take a better pic. So people can tell if sleeve length is correct.

Last edited:

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wannabe

Reaction score

Dear Wannabe
To paraphrase the words of my friend, Ethan Newton, ex of Herringbone Sydney and P Johnson Tailors, and currently of The Armoury, Hong Kong, first concentrate on fit, fit and fit... and then only should you consider such pleasant abstractions as colour, texture, pattern, the use of accessories etc...
In my opinion, that suit does not fit well at all. Your gray 3-piece was a step in the right direction as regards fit; conversely, this seems to be a distinct step backwards and into the whole 'my suit is too tight' quagmire.
Not trying to be nasty here, mate. Just calling it as I see it.
Fit, fit, fit... then everything else.
Have a good one
CEP

I'm not an expert but.
need wider shoulder
Sleeve too slim
Jacket not showing a waist suspension
2 button will look better
You (arm) need to relax then take a better pic. So people can tell if sleeve length is correct.

Thanks for taking the time CEP and Andrewgreg.

I think I need to take a better picture of the jacket. Perhaps then it will show better. However, I do recognize that the jacket is on the short side and that the sleeves are a bit slim.

Thanks again guys. I'll try again soon. :nodding:

Ruigie

Reaction score

Hey guys! new here to styleforum! loving each and everyone of your outfits, hopefully I can get some pointers as well. I actually am quiet scared of posting pictures due to just looking completely off from what most of you all post. But here goes! :)
Don't have to much "deets" on the jacket but white shirt from express
Tie from express
Chino's from a brand in the Philippines
Bostonian cap toe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene