• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastdonb

Reaction score
My renewable resource sport coat, 100% Bamboo. Allen Edmonds Berkshires.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoes are another matter entirely. They are str8 pimp. I have no idea what to pair them with.

Pimps, circa 1935:

graywhite1_esky36.jpg
graywhite4.jpg

LilacCords

Reaction score
@ Holdfast - Holdfast I think this my favourite outfit of yours ever. Sometimes I feel your clothes look too big for you but this suit fits beautifully. ( I also like the pattern and 4btn DB)
Have a great weekend.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual Friday. Got many compliments on the PS today, but I suspect that I'll receive some point deductions here for pairing a silk PS with jeans. Am I right?

Leaning-70.jpg

Closeup-134.jpg

Feet-72.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that a black jacket? If so, I think navy would be a better choice for a casual outfit.

If you're talking to me, pB, no, it's a navy blazer.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
If you're talking to me, pB, no, it's a navy blazer.

I don't know if it's the angle of the shot, but as a proportion of your height, it appears to be quite long. And, I have no particular issue with pocket squares and denim - I mean, if you are wearing a blazer with denim anyway, you're already way past some people's limits on what is acceptable!

For me, I would go for something that had a bit more serious texture up top. And some better jeans. I generally favour Harris Tweed with some nice Japanese selvedge jeans in this context.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My renewable resource sport coat, 100% Bamboo. Allen Edmonds Berkshires.

Can you tell us more about that bamboo fabric. I'm seeing a lot of new rug makers working in bamboo. It has sheen and hand similar to silk in some ways. I'm wondering about wrinkle resistence?

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday everyone. Sorry for crummy detail, could not get good lighting anywhere. Shirt is a lavender/purple glen plaid. I wish I had a darker grey tie :(. My other choice would have been a navy pindot tie...Either way. Have a good weekend folks! Sportcoat should look familiar to TonyRomo (thank you!)

Photo on 2012-01-27 at 12.15 by citan1145, on Flickr

Photo on 2012-01-27 at 12.15 #2 by citan1145, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads