• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well you made yours and mine were OTR :)

Please post.

I got my inspiration from Fred: http://www.unabashedlyprep.com/site/entry/hollywoodland/

Great pants. I just recently finished making a pair of cords in a similar color and was planning on posting pics tomorrow - of course now that I'm going to look unoriginal I might try to copy the whole look... although my only pink shirt is still in on the way in the mail... I will think of something. Thanks for the inspiration.
I like the wine cords too... I need to go fabric shopping again soon.

cliche

Reaction score
Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Back to the grind. Tie knot got a little messy at the end of the day. Pants are blue, not dark navy like they seem. Colors a bit washed out in detail pic, my apologies. Still think this SC is a bit wide in the chest/shoulders but thats the perils of RTW on a student budget, 38s too small, 39 too small in shoulders, went with the 40! Great looks all around today gents! Spoiler has 2 more fit pix, slightly diff angles?
(And yes, I actually cleaned the mirror at work yesterday, it got dirty again :embar: )

From the front, the pattern/color combination is splendid. I really like the shirt. The fit, too, looks good. If you are concerned about the chest and shoulders, I'd be curious to see the back side--how the coat looks in the shoulder blades and how flat it drapes. All that is needed is a smart pocket square.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I can't figure out whether you look more like a bottle of mustard or a quilted Ikea pillow. Pro tip, looking like either won't get you in with middle aged, overweight bachelorettes. Hitting puberty might help though..

Hgalek, You sir are a jealous arrogant idiot. He is turning 40 and could easily pass for 25, not to mention he is married to a drop dead gorgeous wife. PRO TIP come to SD and say things like "Hitting puberty might help though" around me and the people I know; on my mothers life I could make one phone call and send you back to puberty with your balls cut off and stuffed in your face, later to be found in a ditch on the outskirts of Tijuana by Polica Federal. No joke, have respect for everybody and yourself or deal with the consequences of your actions. That is grown man talk so handle your business accordingly.

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hgalek, You sir are a jealous arrogant idiot. He is turning 40 and could easily pass for 25, not to mention he is married to a drop dead gorgeous wife. PRO TIP come to SD and say things like "Hitting puberty might help though" around me and the people I know, On my mothers life I could make one phone call and send you back to puberty with your balls cut off and stuffed in your face, later to found in a ditch in the outskirts of Tijuana by Polica Federal. No joke, have respect for everybody and yourself or deal with the consequences of your actions. That is grown man talk so handle your business accordingly.

Holy ****! You know you've crossed a (thin blue) line when Tibor -- the gentleman's gentleman -- threatens to get medieval on your ass.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Back to the grind. Tie knot got a little messy at the end of the day. Pants are blue, not dark navy like they seem. Colors a bit washed out in detail pic, my apologies. Still think this SC is a bit wide in the chest/shoulders but thats the perils of RTW on a student budget, 38s too small, 39 too small in shoulders, went with the 40! Great looks all around today gents! Spoiler has 2 more fit pix, slightly diff angles?
(And yes, I actually cleaned the mirror at work yesterday, it got dirty again :embar: )

20120117_152550 by citan1145, on Flickr

20120117_152655 by citan1145, on Flickr
Don't be worried I think it fits great.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I see this picture, I can't help but think of the similarities between you and ******** in a sport coat. On the plus side, ******** always wears properly tailored and well fitted sport coats. Props. On the other hand, that's where the similarities end, as ******** clearly gets more action than, Mr. Feeny, ever will.

Thank you for your comments. Until now, I was unaware that the homeless has access to the Web.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This one is just too easy. I'll let you reconsider the merits of this fit on your own time, seeing as I'm simply not spiteful enough to do this visual obscenity justice.

I feel kinda insulted that you didn't go FNB on my pics.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drier and colder in NYC today.

Suit - BBGF
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Liberty of London
PS - unbranded
Shoes - BB Peals
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Selentino

IMGP1568479x1280.jpg

IMGP1567473x1280.jpg

IMGP1569652x1280.jpg

IMGP15641053x1280.jpg

IMGP1565851x1280.jpg

Oleg

Reaction score

When I see this picture, I can't help but think of the similarities between you and ******** in a sport coat. On the plus side, ******** always wears properly tailored and well fitted sport coats. Props. On the other hand, that's where the similarities end, as ******** clearly gets more action than, Mr. Feeny, ever will.

On a football board that I'm a member of, one of the posters decided to commit virtual hari kiri by posting a photo of his ********. Gruesome stuff, but at least he showed a certain style in the manner of his exit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads