• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

767182fa.jpg

Really excellent!! :slayer::slayer:

LilacCords

Reaction score
@ Nelton - Yes Grenson Clifton ta.

@ Sugarbutch - 2 lapel holes / why not? ;)

Dewi

Reaction score

I'm not sure I understand what you mean :embar: Your advice is to push up a bit the collar of my shirt? :eh: Well, I will try this next time. Thank you :satisfied:

I think he means to push your tie up to the top of the collar fold, then tighten up the tie. Having the loop higher up on the collar should help keep the knot from straying down too far, and should keep the top button hidden.

Dewi

Reaction score

Respectfully disagree. I think the wine-colored slacks look very nice here. It's the red PS that's not working, in my opinion.

I think he's talking about the shoes. I'd like this better with more contrast at the shoe, as those trousers look great.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you. :) I see what you mean, actually I like this asymmetry and the fact that the knot does not completely fulfill the spread of this collar.

Thanks, so do I ;)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean :embar: Your advice is to push up a bit the collar of my shirt? :eh: Well, I will try this next time. Thank you :satisfied:

Watch how the master does it in this video, after he puts his tie on:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to get a better camera. Anyways, I'm thinking about cuffing these pants, thoughts?

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the grind. Tie knot got a little messy at the end of the day. Pants are blue, not dark navy like they seem. Colors a bit washed out in detail pic, my apologies. Still think this SC is a bit wide in the chest/shoulders but thats the perils of RTW on a student budget, 38s too small, 39 too small in shoulders, went with the 40! Great looks all around today gents! Spoiler has 2 more fit pix, slightly diff angles?

(And yes, I actually cleaned the mirror at work yesterday, it got dirty again :embar: )

20120117_152550 by citan1145, on Flickr

20120117_152655 by citan1145, on Flickr

Last edited:

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I also think there is something wrong with your collar / top button undone, and the tie knot looks kinda off to the left.

but... hey maybe it is the way you are standing, maybe a little forlorn with the head down, put your head up Mister, you have a lot to be proud of!!! just saying... :)

cliche

Reaction score
I need to get a better camera. Anyways, I'm thinking about cuffing these pants, thoughts?

Is the suit black? And I think it looks to tight or small especially the jacket, makes everything look big (shoes,watch..) But hey if you are comfortable in that way, dont change it.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I also think there is something wrong with your collar / top button undone, and the tie knot looks kinda off to the left.
but... hey maybe it is the way you are standing, maybe a little forlorn with the head down, put your head up Mister, you have a lot to be proud of!!! just saying... :)

Cheers! Just to clarify, the top button is definitely buttoned. I think the collar could use a good pressing though

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the suit black? And I think it looks to tight or small especially the jacket, makes everything look big (shoes,watch..) But hey if you are comfortable in that way, dont change it.
The suit is actually charcoal. It doesn't photograph well at all. I was planing on taking the jacket out in a few weeks. It's too snug. What do you think of the tie?

cliche

Reaction score
The suit is actually charcoal. It doesn't photograph well at all. I was planing on taking the jacket out in a few weeks. It's too snug. What do you think of the tie?

Oh okay good. Yeah thats a good idea. The tie is a matter of taste, personally I like wider ties then that. Here is a picture of me and how I like it, maybe you will get an idea of what i'm saying.
As you see my pants are to tight here also and I think the shoes get so wide (not something I like)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics