• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sup all! Just wanted to stop by and say howdy! I finally landed a new gig as an art director for a small advertising agency! Great way to start the new year! The down side (or upside depending on how you view it :) ) is that I won't be wearing suits much anymore. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the new year!
Cheers!

Congrats Pand! And what's to stop you from wearing suits anyway...you are an art director, you can march to your own beat.

cliche

Reaction score
That is indeed a very wide tie. I like ties wider than most but I cap out at around 3.75". You don't seem to be a particularly stout guy, either...I think you need to be pretty broad to make a tie that big work for you.

Like I wrote earlier the tie is matter of taste how small or wide you like them. And I like my ties like that :)

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Like I wrote earlier the tie is matter of taste how small or wide you like them. And I like my ties like that :)

It's also a matter of proportion...just like lapel size. Both should be proportional to the width of your torso. There's some flexibility for personal preference, but I'm not sure you haven't stretched it too far. How wide is that tie? It looks like the tie is about 4" wide and you're about a 38 or a 40 jacket size...in which case, personally I think the tie exceeds the bounds of good taste.

Last edited:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found these two website, what do y'all think of these ties?

SM

Kent Wang

inlandisland

Reaction score

Hi Erik,

They are from Nicolai d'etoiles. Spirit stores used to have these. These are from F/W2010-2011. I went there to get another pair and was told that the color (jade green) is not availabe anymore...
Too bad. I would really like a spare pair...

Glad you like it. We should have a SF-Malmö meeting sometime. Maybe there are more Malmöbor here?

Andreas

Great pants. I just recently finished making a pair of cords in a similar color and was planning on posting pics tomorrow - of course now that I'm going to look unoriginal I might try to copy the whole look... although my only pink shirt is still in on the way in the mail... I will think of something. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tuesday

I like the wine cords too... I need to go fabric shopping again soon.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

uZa1I.jpg
0n3Uq.jpg
HVOmT.jpg
3of24.jpg

I hope your balls don't sag as much as your chin.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those were Ferragamos, from their Tramezza range.

In retrospect, today's choice of square was a mistake. I give short shrift to any who argue against the tie, however. :p

Did you steal the tie pattern from my grandmother's couch? She's been missing the material for some time. Just fess up to it so that we can get some closure.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rps20120116_111451_684.jpg

rps20120116_111432_358.jpg

maybe more appropriate in casual
the courts are closed today (MLK jr. day) and we do not have any client appointments
so i decided to skip the tie
is the gingham shirt and pocketsquare too close in scale?
acceptable? not a big deal?

This one is just too easy. I'll let you reconsider the merits of this fit on your own time, seeing as I'm simply not spiteful enough to do this visual obscenity justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads