• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deedee

Reaction score
A fine day for tweed, cashmere, flannel, paisley and shell.
bf809141.jpg

ecb2c5dd.jpg

fb9808b5.jpg

923dd814.jpg

1fc98f19.jpg

Very very nice. I especially like the cardigan. Who is it by? The only thing I am not too fond of are your shoes as I prefer you in sleeker lasts! The tie is also a great piece. Thanks!

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because it is the one thing I can't stand about that suit, aesthetically. The trousers and jacket are spot on, but vests are something most italian tailors seem to be incapable of cutting well.

I just remember that when you posted it at Pitti there didn't seem to be so much waist suppression. Perhaps it is just the angle?

I have not seen him in person since then but C_N himself might have been more suppressed at that time...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was it :foo: who railed against the cream silk square? Well, whoever it was, they were on to something. Otherwise, nice look, Spoo.

IIRC, :foo: loves the cream silk. I used to share your opinion of it, but I got one thrown in as an unexpected gift when I ordered my last tie from Hober and have made surprisingly frequent use of it. It's in my last two WAYW posts, in fact.

Yes, that's right. Maybe it was Manton...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Very very nice. I especially like the cardigan. Who is it by? The only thing I am not too fond of are your shoes as I prefer you in sleeker lasts!

it's winter so a boot is appropriate, imo.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gdot: spotted tie (check.). Spotted square (check.) If you had only one more spotted accessory, I would petition the Owners of StyleForvm to change your username to Gspot.

this was hilarious. requires a repost. :laugh:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this was hilarious. requires a repost. :laugh:

Thanks for reposting. I had missed this response. :embar: :crackup:

F. Corbera was the only one to note that particular problem, although I expected to hear it from someone. Although I should note that I had attempted to display the striped edges of that particular square - apparently to limited success! :eek:

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please spare me any criticism of sack coats, as they're still in heavy rotation in my wardrobe, and I will just ignore it.. :) The photos, however, feel free to criticize their poor quality.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I have not seen him in person since then but C_N himself might have been more suppressed at that time...

He confessed to me by PM that he smuggled two backpacks of Weißwuascht into Naples on his last trip, and secretly consumed them in between taking photographs of seafood.

So, you are likely to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads